New to Jailbreaking?

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!
Im Ryan, and im new to this forum. I wanted to let everyone know that if they are new to the whole jailbreaking concept, need help through the process, have questions or inquiries as to how to get things after you jailbreak (themes, various system tweaks,siri, etc.) I am here to help, anyone who needs it at anytime. I've been jailbreaking since 2007, when I got the ipod 1st gen on 1.1.1 and have been JB ever since with the new devices that have come out since then, like the ipod 2g, 3g, 4g, iphone 4, 4s, and the ipad 2. So please feel free if you have any worries, questions, or concerns about anything jailbreak related :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
3GS unlocked and JB on 5.1.1 .. Bb German 3GS not AT&T I don't have a German sim card ..
this phone is using tmobile
Everything works mms etc except iMessage using the phone number won't activate .. Using a email works great I also have been around a while on here I do repairs JB etc ... But this is beyond me .. Lol for now at least be Cause I have never had this prob ..

From what I know iMessage won't work on a hactivated phone I have been told to use Sam but I think it deactivates and I don't have a German sim to activate lol.

I have also read something about editing a file and putting 011 for international activation ..

Have you ever had to deal with this
I don't want to mess up my unteathered JB and unlock on my preserved baseband lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh almost forgot

Welcome !!! :)

It sounds like this is a problem brought about because you hacktivated, there is probably a disconnect software-wise that it dosent recognize when you are using imessage/when someone has an idevice and when you aren't. There is really no easy fix that I know of for that, other than the obvious one of getting a different sim from a different carrier. Now unless you feel comfortable with modifying files and the framework, and find the directions for the internal activation are clear and thorough, I would advise against it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya I did some research the hacktivate caused it cuz of some demon that constantly runs to bypass activation .. So only way to fix would be to use Sam but to do that I would need a German telkom sim .. I hear doing a proper activation will increase battery life also .. But all that seems like a pain just for iMessage so I'm not gonna bother I might contact telkom and have them factory unlock it might just be easier that way

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I had a question: I read up and tried using absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak my CDMA IPhone 4 on 5.1.1 However, the first time I tried it, it hung and I got a "lockdown" or something similar error...I then tried it on a different PC but halfway through the process absinthe shut down on its own....

any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? And how I can jailbreak?

TIA!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
On your phone make sure you have a iCloud backup

Then do a restore and JB from a clean install before restoring

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4 iOS update while preserving baseband.

Hi
I have an illegally unlocked & Jailbroken AT&T iPhone 4 16GB, using limera1n & Ultrasn0w on Cydia.
The unlock & Jailbreak was done without a Gevey SIM on 10/10/2010
I have iOS 4.0.2 (8A400) installed with Modem Firmware 01.59.00. Model MC608LL. Active since 10/10/2010

1. I have always had some Network Problems on start up, after Shut Down & Re-boot the GSM Network is not detected immediately &
I have to re-start a couple of times for Network detection. The micro-SIM from Vodafone has been changed once since Oct.2010.
2. The other problem i face is that 3G & iPhone Data Plans don't work.WiFi is fine.
3. Is it possible to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 without upgrading the base band ?
4. Will the new jailbreak be stable or should i wait for some time ? :confused:
5. I do not have the original AT&T(USA) SIM. Never did.

I'm totally new to jailbreaks & someone will help me do this.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thats a good baseband to have ...

Yes use redsnow to make a custom Ipsw and update preserving baseband then JB using teathered redsnow then use rocky racoon to unteather and use ultrasnow fixer then ultrasnow to unlock

Reactions: SandeepRoy

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Thats a good baseband to have ...

Yes use redsnow to make a custom Ipsw and update preserving baseband then JB using teathered redsnow then use rocky racoon to unteather and use ultrasnow fixer then ultrasnow to unlock

Thanks, what is a bad baseband ?

cessprin00

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Is there unlock for ios 5.0.1 when phone's jailbroken? It's 3gs btw. If so, can you please point me to the direction?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2