I updated a 3GS from 3.1.3 to 5.1.1 keeping baseband.. JB and unlocked

iMessage says waiting for activation and never activates ..
    Carrier is tmobile ?

Also mms doesn't work yet Also .. Has anyone for this working on 5.1.1 ? If so how

Yes I have tried hard resets turning iMessage on and off etc

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-29-2012 11:40 PM
    Push notifications, iMessage and Facetime require activation which cannot be achieved on a hacktivated phone. You need SAM (repo.bingner.com) for this.

I've successfully done the procedure on 5.0 and 5.0.1, but for some reason 5.1 and 5.1.1 give me "Stockification Failure" error. Maybe it'll work for you...
    05-30-2012 05:30 AM
    I got mms working but I read about Sam but I was didn't want to do it cuz I think it deactivates phone and I don't have a original sim to actually unlock it .. That's why I couldn't use absinthe and had to teather then use rocky racoon .. Does it lock the phone ?

I also read a way to add the 011 in the files does that work without Sam ?

05-30-2012 01:19 PM
    And iMessage works on the email just not number and since it's a 3GS no FaceTime no I don't want to mess up all my work just for some iMessage lol

05-30-2012 01:20 PM
    I got mms working but I read about Sam but I was didn't want to do it cuz I think it deactivates phone and I don't have a original sim to actually unlock it .. That's why I couldn't use absinthe and had to teather then use rocky racoon .. Does it lock the phone ?

I also read a way to add the 011 in the files does that work without Sam ?

No IT doesnt deactivate your phone. You can still use it as an iPod until you activate it with the fake SAM certificate in iTunes. So don't worry, and go ahead and do it.
    05-31-2012 01:48 PM
    No IT doesnt deactivate your phone. You can still use it as an iPod until you activate it with the fake SAM certificate in iTunes. So don't worry, and go ahead and do it.
    Ok so it won't actually stick me at the activate screen like before when I had to hactivate it just causes no signal untill I use iTunes with Sam ? Do I have to redo my unlock ?

05-31-2012 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD