I'm having an issue with my 3GS on 5.1.1 with the untethered jailbreak. In Settings -> General -> Usage, the usage and standby times are equal. I don't know if this is affecting battery life at all (After 1 hour and 40 minutes, I was down 10% with only wi-fi usage). I tried a restore and it fixed the problem for one day. Any ideas on what is going on? I have tried charge cycles, hard resets, and resetting all settings with no luck.
    05-29-2012 02:20 PM
    Restore as New iPhone--NOT a backup. something is clearly running in the background and i am afraid you might be loading it back onto your device
    friskies64 likes this.
    05-29-2012 04:24 PM
    Restore as New iPhone--NOT a backup. something is clearly running in the background and i am afraid you might be loading it back onto your device
    Since I'd lose my game saves, is there a way to get them back?
    05-29-2012 05:18 PM
    Since I'd lose my game saves, is there a way to get them back?
    You won't get your game data back but I agree with Blink on settings this up as new after a restore
    05-29-2012 05:46 PM
    well i have read of options to do so but i have never done it myself OR read of anyone's results

check here?:

How to Backup iPhone Game Progress [Without Jailbreaking]
    friskies64 likes this.
    05-29-2012 05:53 PM
    well i have read of options to do so but i have never done it myself OR read of anyone's results

check here?:

How to Backup iPhone Game Progress [Without Jailbreaking]
    That looks like such a hassle, but I guess it's my only option.
    05-29-2012 05:58 PM
    Is there a list of games that support iCloud syncing? II know both Cut the Rope games do. Those I wouldn't have to back up manually.
    05-29-2012 06:04 PM
    If you're jailbroken, use Data Deposit to back up your game data. Works great.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    friskies64 likes this.
    05-29-2012 07:18 PM
    If you're jailbroken, use Data Deposit to back up your game data. Works great.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    That's much quicker. I restored as a new device and downloaded my saves with that. The problem is fixed for now. I'll see if the fix persists.
    05-29-2012 10:11 PM
    It appears my issue is solved and battery life is much better. This is one of my lighter usage days and 2.5 hours was spent in airplane mode as I watched The Avengers, but still good. I know I can get through a day, but definitely not two (That's fine with me). Thanks, guys!
    06-01-2012 10:51 AM
    It appears my issue is solved and battery life is much better. This is one of my lighter usage days and 2.5 hours was spent in airplane mode as I watched The Avengers, but still good. I know I can get through a day, but definitely not two (That's fine with me). Thanks, guys!
    nice! and are you still jailbroken?
    06-01-2012 11:00 AM
    nice! and are you still jailbroken?
    Yeah. I have to Jailbreak to use my phone on T-Mobile (I don't have a factory unlocked phone unfortunately).
    06-01-2012 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD