Octopus Keyboard. Any updates?

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can say it is worth the wait! Mario has been working tirelessly and pushed out 3 betas since I started testing it last week! I really like it so will be buying it when it hits primetime (don't think beta testers get it for free? Maybe I should ask... )

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

Reactions: RemmyZero

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Octopus Keyboard has been released. It can be found on Mario's repo but will be on Big Boss shortly.

Repo is http://k3a.me/c/

There was a conflict with swipeselection so I disabled it. I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet in this version...

Scarlet

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
is it true that it disables autocorrect??

It does, but you can reenable it after install. Some testers experienced issues. I don't use autocorrect so it wasn't an issue for me.

Scarlet

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to buy it until somebody reports how well it works... Any detailed videos out yet?

I believe there will be a demo version out in a few days. I have been testing it for a week and my few issues were addressed and fixed already. It works like the video Jeff from IDB put out.

Scarlet

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this tweak today and it works great so far! Only thing I need to get use to is the space at the end of each word selected. Also, auto correction is disabled becaue there is auto correction built into the keyboard itself.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I purchased this tweak today and it works great so far! Only thing I need to get use to is the space at the end of each word selected. Also, auto correction is disabled becaue there is auto correction built into the keyboard itself.

How much is it? I got it from his repo and it just installed, there was no price. In the settings there is the option to purchase license but no price. Also has anyone been able to get SwipeSelection to work with Octopus? And if you enable Auto Correct after this has disabled it will both work?

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
How much is it? I got it from his repo and it just installed, there was no price. In the settings there is the option to purchase license but no price. Also has anyone been able to get SwipeSelection to work with Octopus? And if you enable Auto Correct after this has disabled it will both work?

Currently, it is 4.99 and to purchase you need to have a nickname/email in the designated field (use your email) and you have to have safari to always accept cookies. It will then open a link in safari to paypal and there you can purchase it.

Reactions: WreakingHavoc

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Well I've answered 2 of my questions, it's $4.99 and Auto Correct will work if re-enabled. SwipeSelection has been disabled and there is no option in Settings for that tweak to change.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Currently, it is 4.99 and to purchase you need to have a nickname/email in the designated field (use your email) and you have to have safari to always accept cookies. It will then open a link in safari to paypal and there you can purchase it.

Thanks. Do you have SwipeSelection installed, are you able to get it to work? I'm not going to purchase until I know if they are compatable.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Auto Correct is NOT working for me. I have tried to enable it and respring/restart but once I enable it Octopus swipe selection stops working.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Auto Correct is NOT working for me. I have tried to enable it and respring/restart but once I enable it Octopus swipe selection stops working.

I just noticed it un-installed SwipeSelection, I haven't purchased it yet but do have it installed but not activated without license. If its not compatable with Swipe and Auto Correct those may be deal breakers.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed it un-installed SwipeSelection, I haven't purchased it yet but do have it installed but not activated without license. If its not compatable with Swipe and Auto Correct those may be deal breakers.

I just reinstalled Swipe and it uninstalled Octopus. Looks like I'll be waiting to purchase Octopus until they are compatable if ever.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I just reinstalled Swipe and it uninstalled Octopus. Looks like I'll be waiting to purchase Octopus until they are compatable if ever.

View attachment 17027

There is a form of auto correction built into the keyboard itself. In the picture you can see i was trying to type 'there' and typed 'tje' and the keyboard showed 'There' in red font, indicating that there is a correction.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

The developer has plans to fix the swipeselection incompatability.

Scarlet

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The developer has plans to fix the swipeselection incompatability.

Scarlet

As Sharma15 kindly pointed out a tweak called swipeshiftcaret works with it and I have it installed now. Will take some getting used to but liking it so far

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR