mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Am I able to back up my phone as usual now that I am jailbroke? This is my first iPhone and although I have jailbroken all my iPod touches, this is my first time on the phone. (4S) Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bcbbanga4l

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Am I able to back up my phone as usual now that I am jailbroke? This is my first iPhone and although I have jailbroken all my iPod touches, this is my first time on the phone. (4S) Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can just back up as normal to iTunes or iCloud. If your restore, then you will lose your jailbreak. In this case you just jailbreak you iPhone again.

The only thing is when you make a backup, it wont back up all you jailbreak tweaks and app's. For those i recommend you use xBackup. It's about a dollar and it is very good!

Hope this helps. ;)

Reactions: bcbbanga4l

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Great question. I was going to ask the same thing. If I back up on iTunes normally that will back up my apple apps correct? So I would also have to use x back up to back up the jailbreak stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Great question. I was going to ask the same thing. If I back up on iTunes normally that will back up my apple apps correct? So I would also have to use x back up to back up the jailbreak stuff?

Correct. Everything that is installed via cydia, sources, settings and cydia app's data. The lot. For a dollar xBackup is excellent.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Makes me feel a little better knowing I can back up my info. I will look in the Cydia market for xbackup too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR