Sitting here thinking I want to jailbreak my iphone 4s mainly for the NCsettings or SBSettings and iblacklist but I am hesitant about one thing. I'm a pack rat with text messages, I keep important ones, non important ones, etc. etc. I just find comfort in knowing that I have a transcript of any conversation or information conducted over SMS for some time to come. I see that setting up and jailbreaking means you start over from scratch right? I suppose I could restore from a backup from there, the real question comes from what happens when I unjailbreak, update os, replace phone, etc. etc. Is there a way to ensure that my SMS messages are returned to their rightful place in the time line?

Just curious
    05-29-2012 12:57 AM
    I see that setting up and jailbreaking means you start over from scratch right?
    It's preferable, but not mandatory.

Is there a way to ensure that my SMS messages are returned to their rightful place in the time line?
    Yep. A quick search will show you both desktop tools and jailbreak apps that do this.
    05-29-2012 08:20 AM
    Follow this method and you'll retain all your stuff and settings, including text messages.

(1) Back up SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
    (2) Back up your iDevice.
    (3) Clear your iDevice navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
    (4) Connect your iDevice, Run Absinthe, Click “Jailbreak” and away you go.
    (5) After it's done Restore from the back-up you made in 2 above to get all your settings and content back.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    05-29-2012 08:58 AM
    Thanks for the insight. What happens if for whatever reason I have to remove the jailbreak will I be tied to jailbreaking from here on out to keep my messages and all in tact?
    05-29-2012 09:03 PM
    Thanks for the insight. What happens if for whatever reason I have to remove the jailbreak will I be tied to jailbreaking from here on out to keep my messages and all in tact?
    No you can float back and forth if you really want to.
    06-03-2012 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD