Where do you get your parts? [replacement/mods]

tjlmbklr

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I broke my screen the first week I got my iPhone 4 and decided it's finally time to replace it. I am also having a issue with the microphone where people say they can hardly hear me or I cannot be heard at all.

I found these 3 places and their prices vary and I wanted to get the opinion of experienced moders/repairers.

wirelesspartsinc.com The least expensive but not sure of their quality.
etechparts.com Reasonably priced and claim to be direct replacements but not sure if that means OEM
directfix.com The most expensive, but is this for a reason?

If anyone knows of any others I am all ears.

Thanks in advance.

PS: what's with adding links in this forum. That was the strangest experience ever!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well your mic is part of the speaker assembly no unless your noise canceling mic is doing it how is speaker phone ?

Is this issue after the repair or before ?

The screen can be done yourself it's not hard but is kind of tedious..

Check out www.zeetron.com for prices and repairs if you would rather send it in

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

tjlmbklr

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well your mic is part of the speaker assembly no unless your noise canceling mic is doing it how is speaker phone ?

Is this issue after the repair or before ?

The screen can be done yourself it's not hard but is kind of tedious..

Check out Buy Apple iPhone 3G 3Gs Glass Digitizer Screen | Buy Apple iPhone 3G 3Gs LCD | Apple iPhone Repair Service | Buy Zeetron Do It Yourself Kits | Exculsive iPhone 4 Color Swap / Conversion for prices and repairs if you would rather send it in

That's the part that doesn't make any sense, if my phone is acting up where people say they cannot hear me I put them speaker and it's fine. But usually when my phone does act up I do a hard reboot to resolve it. I just restored/update hoping it would help but it did not.

As for the screen, I'm a hands on guy and do almost all my own repairs. I am up for the challenge and the one site I listed has a video on how to change it.

Thanks for the link.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue thou I would say apple replace it but if screen is broke they won't .. If it works on speaker then I would almost say its your noise mic on top of phone next to the headset plug

tjlmbklr

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue thou I would say apple replace it but if screen is broke they won't .. If it works on speaker then I would almost say its your noise mic on top of phone next to the headset plug

Noise mic hey? I have not seen this for sale on any sights. Maybe I need to look harder.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Noise cancel mic it .. It basically picks up outside noise and well cancels it out like passing cars etc so that way the person here's u talk .. Not every little background toilet flush lol .. That why I think your issue is from because I think it's canceling your voice

tjlmbklr

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Noise cancel mic it .. It basically picks up outside noise and well cancels it out like passing cars etc so that way the person here's u talk .. Not every little background toilet flush lol .. That why I think your issue is from because I think it's canceling your voice

I have more details. If I put people on speaker phone or plug in head phones they hear me just fine like night/day difference.

I have recently restored to 5.1.1 hoping it was a software thing. I don't see "noise canceling" mic on any of the sites I listed, I only see a "microphone" available

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Myapple

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
In Australia I have purchased iPhone,iPod and iPad parts from repairbits.com.au.Found shipping to be quick and pricing good.
Technical support to fix my ipad 2 after daughter decided to launch it across the lounge was very helpful. Purchased new LCD and touch screen and after a day of frustration installing my new touch screen had it back and running no problem.They also sell parts for game consoles like Xbox 360 and PS3.
Apple, iPhone, Xbox, PS, DS - Repairs, Products, Modchips & Services | RepairBits

iphonesurgery

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I own an iPhone repair company in the UK. Am happy to help with any technical
problems.

If you cannot be heard during a call but your microphone works on voice memos and FaceTime the likely problem is your audio IC which is a logic board fault.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods