New to Cydia... Need Profile App...

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
First time Jailbreaker, and I did it for two apps specifically. IntelliscreenX and MyProfiles.

Loving IntelliscreenX - extremely useful and something Apple should have done from the beginning in some form.

As far as MyProfiles, when I went to look it up on Cydia, I learned it was no longer supported and not available. Real bummer.

So, anybody have any great profile apps that will behave in some fashion similar to BlackBerry profiles.
(be gentle - I miss my profiles!)

Thanks...

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like this too. love my iphone but miss the profiles

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the "Demo" version, but it is not really helping me to buy the app. Can't really test it out with all the limitations. Not sure I wanna spend $5 for an app I am not sure will work the way I want/need it to.

Still searching...

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the "Demo" version, but it is not really helping me to buy the app. Can't really test it out with all the limitations. Not sure I wanna spend $5 for an app I am not sure will work the way I want/need it to.

Still searching...

5$ - I'd just get it, pretty sure you paid way more for the phone might as well have it the way you want it.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
not sure it will do what we are lookinv for though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went ahead an purchased an app called AutoProfiles, that seemed to be what I was looking for a $3 gamble - and lost.

When I downloaded it, installed it, and tried to open it, I get an error message that states; ?NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.? I have found no way around this.

I have emailed the developer, and I guess we'll see what we see. However, this is a perfect example of why trials are necessary.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Profiles is/are the only thing I miss about my BB Tour... and I was disappointed about MyProfiles not updating... don't bother looking for another app - there are none.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how it compares, but for ringer/contact profiles check out RingerX VIP. That might be a help.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how it compares, but for ringer/contact profiles check out RingerX VIP. That might be a help.

Not a bad looking app... what I really want is an app that replicates the BB "Bedside" manner mode - so that when it's plugged in, it can be silent for everything but phone calls.

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went ahead an purchased an app called AutoProfiles, that seemed to be what I was looking for a $3 gamble - and lost.

When I downloaded it, installed it, and tried to open it, I get an error message that states; ?NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.? I have found no way around this.

I have emailed the developer, and I guess we'll see what we see. However, this is a perfect example of why trials are necessary.

Same here.....On IntelliscreenX. I'm a newb at JB, so what do I need to do?:(

***********Wiped and JB'd again and everything is wonderful:)******

Last edited:

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad looking app... what I really want is an app that replicates the BB "Bedside" manner mode - so that when it's plugged in, it can be silent for everything but phone calls.

Same thing I am looking for too. This is a must for anyone that has ever been on the blackberry platform

Sent using Tapatalk

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a victim of myprofiles not being updated.... I think we need to find a developer to do one!

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

Here's a cut & paste of a reply I made to THIS post. Since I started this particular thread, I thought I'd share it here also. Hope it helps...
--
I have looked long and hard to find something that resembles the Profiles options I had with my BlackBerry. While nothing works exactly the same, there are two options that I have found that are close, although they work in completely different ways. Both require a Jailbreak...

#1: SBProfiles: This one may be what you are looking for. With a simple toggle, you can set it up for volume control, screen brightness, enable or disable certain functions, including 3G, Data, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. The biggest drawback I have encountered is that I set it up, originally, for a sleep profile, which disabled 3G, Data, and WiFi. This, of course, means no mail got delivered over night, and therefor no alerts to wake me up. There is NO WAY TO DISABLE SMS! Pretty big issue, but I do not get a lot of SMS except for from family, so perhaps not so big. The issue occurred at 05:00 the next morning. I created another profile to re-anable those functions I had disabled. However, while I am usually up at 04:00, I got a chance to sleep in. Not so much. When 3G, Data, and WiFi were restored, all my messages downloaded, along with alerts - a - plenty! So much for sleep.

#2. iScheduler. This is the app that most closely resembles what was possible with the BlackBerry. You can silence (not disable) Mai,, SMS, Push Notifications, etc., and schedule when to do so, and when to return your alerts back to normal. Just what I was looking for. EXCEPT: There is no option to set custom ringtones, except for the phone ringer. I use custom sounds for phone, SMS, and Mai;. Every morning when the sound profiles restored, I got a system sound that I didn't want to use. I had to go into Settings|Sounds and restored my custom sounds. I did email the app developer re: this issue, and got a reply that he would work on supporting custom tones for Phone, SMS, AND Mail. However, until he does this, I am not going to spend the $8 for the app. If or when he does, I will gladly spend the cash. I think the app has that much potential. He does offer a 3 day trial, and if you do not use custom sounds, I would highly recommend this one.

Matlock

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I am a little late to the Ballgame, but as-far-as Profiles (myself coming from an Android), I use BackBoard as my profile go-to. It sames them as Themes. All you do is alter your current setup (anything you choose), and it saves it. Simply load the theme you want, say WORK, or PERSONAL or SOCIAL, and BAM! You have a different profile for each of your.. ahem.. lives. ;)

It does literally save any changes you make. Icon placement, theme settings, system settings. Even app settings. It's worked for me.

Did I mention: FREE

Reactions: Blackfeet

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I am a little late to the Ballgame, but as-far-as Profiles (myself coming from an Android), I use BackBoard as my profile go-to. It sames them as Themes. All you do is alter your current setup (anything you choose), and it saves it. Simply load the theme you want, say WORK, or PERSONAL or SOCIAL, and BAM! You have a different profile for each of your.. ahem.. lives. ;)

It does literally save any changes you make. Icon placement, theme settings, system settings. Even app settings. It's worked for me.

Did I mention: FREE

This one has some interesting possibilities. I would rather it had a "timed" function, but it is a small thing to have to select your theme before you go to bed and after you get up in the morning. I like the options it provides for meetings and such. I think we have a winner! To date, it is the closest thing yet to what I am looking for. Thanks for showing up - however late you might have been! :)

Matlock

May 25, 2012
Visit site
This one has some interesting possibilities. I would rather it had a "timed" function, but it is a small thing to have to select your theme before you go to bed and after you get up in the morning. I like the options it provides for meetings and such. I think we have a winner! To date, it is the closest thing yet to what I am looking for. Thanks for showing up - however late you might have been! :)

No problem. I originally found it to help keep my Springboard icons from moving around on particular tweak installs and resprings. But since then, it has many great possibilities.

Oh, and as far as timed functions, it couldn't hurt to hit the Developer up to see if it could be in a future update. Heck, I think I might like it even more if it had a Timed function.

Last edited:

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Argh! @$#%*(%^&#$%!

I have spent around 2 or 3 hours configuring different set-ups to use as "themes" since I was introduced to Backboard a couple of days ago. It was working just great! Until this morning.

I changed themes this morning, to my daytime set-up, and once the re-spring was completed, I decided I wanted my volume to be a little lower today - gonna be in a series of meetings - and went back into Backboard, only to find ALL OF MY THEMES WERE GONE! To make matters worse, I can not save any new themes. I get the "name" box, and hit save, but nothing shows up, just the silly message that "It looks like this is your first time using Backboard, wanna see the tutorial" or something close to that.

Extremely frustrating. I thought this one might be a keeper...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711