Hi there,

I just jail broke my iphone and ipad 2 and am having no real issues at all just a random question. I went to try to do download winterboard and I kept getting a error message maying "modification cannot be applied tue to required dependencies or conflicts" but I haven't been able to find an answer. Anybody know what I might have done wrong?
    05-26-2012 09:21 AM
    Hi there,

I just jail broke my iphone and ipad 2 and am having no real issues at all just a random question. I went to try to do download winterboard and I kept getting a error message maying "modification cannot be applied tue to required dependencies or conflicts" but I haven't been able to find an answer. Anybody know what I might have done wrong?
    I've not come across this error before. When it comes up can you take a screen shot and post it up here.

Is it doing this on both of your devices?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-26-2012 09:34 AM
    Hi there the iPad is still going but the screenshot is this Attachment 16131

Never heard of it before either lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-26-2012 09:51 AM
    Hi there the iPad is still going but the screenshot is this Attachment 16131

Never heard of it before either lol

Dude, that is weird. Never seen that in 2 years of jailbreaking and using Cydia.

Have you been able to download any other packages?
    05-26-2012 09:53 AM
    Yeah lol it's weird right? I thought to redo the jailbreak but I was worried bout trying

05-26-2012 09:58 AM
    Is that the right Winterboard? I mean, sounds like a stupid statement, but I know some users have odd repos on their phones, and I've seen other products called WinterBoard "xxxxx" that are not truly the real product..that's the only explanation I can give for that error. I installed Winterboard on my 4S without any issues..
    05-26-2012 10:24 AM
    Is that the right Winterboard? I mean, sounds like a stupid statement, but I know some users have odd repos on their phones, and I've seen other products called WinterBoard "xxxxx" that are not truly the real product..that's the only explanation I can give for that error. I installed Winterboard on my 4S without any issues..
    Good point!?
    05-26-2012 10:32 AM
    Check out this thread:
    Can't install winterboard
    My guess is when you first logged into Cydia you chose "developer" rather than "user", and you're missing some key packages in order to load Winterboard. From what I gather, as a dev you need to install pincrush and some other items from Big Boss' repo in order to get Winterboard to install. See if that helps...
    05-26-2012 10:38 AM
    hmmm nothing is in the big boss repo at all that must be it
    05-26-2012 10:48 AM
    Cydia is HAMMERED this weekend. This is normal when the server is overloaded. Wait a bit and try again--your phone is fine. Just give it time.
    05-26-2012 11:17 AM
    Cydia is HAMMERED this weekend. This is normal when the server is overloaded. Wait a bit and try again--your phone is fine. Just give it time.

Awesome thanks for letting me know lol I just restored my ipad to check (don't want to try it with my phone yet) but if it doesn't work I will just sit and wait :-) thank you all. You have always been nothing but very friendly. Its like another home to me lately.
    05-26-2012 11:27 AM
    This is what i thought was the problem, but I've never seen that error before in Cydia.

Oh well, may it is because Cydia is getting proper HAMMERED!!
    05-26-2012 11:33 AM
    working on both devices now everyone thanks for all the help :-)
    05-26-2012 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD