Does new jailbreak for 5.1.1 work for iPhone 4?

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I am sure this is a dumb question and has been answered, but does the new jailbreak work on an iphone 4? im on a jailbroken greenpoison 4.2. so i am looking to update clearly and just wanted to be sure the new greenpoison works for an iphone 4. Thanks all, sorry if this has been asked and answered.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
1. If you upgrade and subsequently jailbreak, will all the apps on Cydia that was once working now not be compatible with 5.1.1?

2. How does it work for jailbroken+unlocked iPhones?

3. Does the new re-release of 5.1.1 work with the Absinthe?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am sure this is a dumb question and has been answered, but does the new jailbreak work on an iphone 4? im on a jailbroken greenpoison 4.2. so i am looking to update clearly and just wanted to be sure the new greenpoison works for an iphone 4. Thanks all, sorry if this has been asked and answered.

It works. If for some reason you have problems, jailbreak with redsn0w instead and install the Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untether tweak. You'll arrive at the same result.

1. If you upgrade and subsequently jailbreak, will all the apps on Cydia that was once working now not be compatible with 5.1.1?
Most of them will be compatible.

2. How does it work for jailbroken+unlocked iPhones?
It doesn't. The phone needs to be activated in order to jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0. Assuming you don't have the original SIM card, you're stuck with redsn0w and Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether.

3. Does the new re-release of 5.1.1 work with the Absinthe?

No idea.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
It works. If for some reason you have problems, jailbreak with redsn0w instead and install the Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untether tweak. You'll arrive at the same result.

Most of them will be compatible.

It doesn't. The phone needs to be activated in order to jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0. Assuming you don't have the original SIM card, you're stuck with redsn0w and Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether.

No idea.

Thank you very much I appreciate your reply!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

There is another Method that you can use as Greenpoison Absinthe has been playing up for some members. If you get stuck try the other method using Redsn0w. Here is a link with instructions:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/235043-jailbreaking-5-1-1-a.html

The method using Redsn0w is much more reliable for the Iphone 4 and 3GS (A4 Devices). ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh