jailbreak on ipad 3 wifi only model just not working :(

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a fresh restore using the actual iOS file using shift restore first ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
(1) Back up SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
(2) Back up your iPad.
(3) Clear your iPad navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
(4) Connect your iPad, Run Absinthe, Click ?Jailbreak? and away you go.
(5) After it's done Restore from the back-up you made in 2 above to get all your settings and content back.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks sherlock, I've done that exact process at least 4x tonite alone.

That certainly should have worked? :confused:

I assume you have the latest version of Absinthe and a clean restore? You aren't on a VPN by chance, that will cause problems. I have heard people on a Mac are having this issue. If you aren't on Windows can you get a Windows box?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When did you upgrade to 5.1.1? If you upgraded when it was first released then that is a different case. If you upgraded just when Absinthe was released then you may have the new version of 5.1.1 so you'll need Absinthe 2.0.2 my iPad worked fine but I have the old version of 5.1.1

mikelite

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the tips guys. I tried my wife's old white MacBook and it zipped right through. Finally my new iPad is useable! Thanks again for all the help.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When did you upgrade to 5.1.1? If you upgraded when it was first released then that is a different case. If you upgraded just when Absinthe was released then you may have the new version of 5.1.1 so you'll need Absinthe 2.0.2 my iPad worked fine but I have the old version of 5.1.1
This is not accurate.

The second version of 5.1.1 is only applicable to iPhone 4 GSM users only. This new build is 9B208.

Your iPad 3's latest firmware is still the "old" 5.1.1, which is build 9B206.