hi there.. One question to you guys..

yesterday I made jb with 2.0.0 to my 4S and it's working well till now except some server errors which lovely Cydia server causes.. I dont have any other issues except that.. Do you think I should jb again with using 2.0.1 ?
    The server errors are just that - server errors. Your device is just fine
    canguler87 likes this.
    05-26-2012 06:23 AM
    I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?
    05-26-2012 07:52 AM
    I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?
    Follow this tutorial that i created earlier, just to be clear. You must be running IOS 5.1.1:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...ml#post1878115
    05-26-2012 08:11 AM
    Hang tight, it will be alright after one or two... weeks
    Everything is good. You were right. AptBackup restored almost everything on its own last night, and Cydia started responding early this morning.

All my Cydia tweaks work just fine, I obviously didn;t install those that no longer are necessary such as iPhotofix for 5.0.1, or UpdateHider. It's nice to have access to Pages and iPhoto without having to screw with the system configuration plist. And while I have never had battery problems, hopefully the battery life is better with the jailbroken 5.1.1.
    05-26-2012 12:34 PM
    Follow this tutorial that i created earlier, just to be clear. You must be running IOS 5.1.1:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...ml#post1878115
    In the tutorial:

if youre on Windows Vista or Windows 7, youll need to right click Absinthe, set the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and run it as an administrator

Is this 100% required? I have Windows 7 64bit. Should I...
    Turn compatibility mode on
    Set it to Windows XP SP2
    Then run it as administrator?

EDIT:

Didn't do anything with the Compatibility settings. Jailbreaking took 2 minutes, no issues.
    Last edited by JoshB410; 06-01-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    06-01-2012 12:33 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD