Does anyone know how if this is possible with Absinthe 2.0 and if so, where I can find instructions?

Thanks!
    05-25-2012 12:24 PM
    To my knowledge, Absinthe 2.0 is a jailbreak tool, not an unlock tool.
    05-25-2012 12:31 PM
    Thanks, I kind of knew that.

But, I am hesitant to jailbreak (again) because I am afraid that it might update my baseband and disallow me to unlock my phone(s).

Any suggestions?

Thanks, again
    05-25-2012 01:27 PM
    You can make a custom 5.1.1_NoBB.ipsw with the latest version of redsn0w, restore with that, then jailbreak. You will need 2 programs instead of one, but that should work.
    05-25-2012 01:40 PM
    This is excellent news!

However, I have no idea what you are talking about because I am a total dork when it comes to highly-technical stuff like this. How exactly do I go about it?

How does the rest of the world unlock their phones? Isn't there some all-in-one solution for non-techies like me?

Can you make any simple recommendations for someone of my lowly stature to accomplish this?

Thank you, heartily, for any further assistance you can provide!

Much obliged
    05-25-2012 02:22 PM
    You can make a custom 5.1.1_NoBB.ipsw with the latest version of redsn0w, restore with that, then jailbreak. You will need 2 programs instead of one, but that should work.
    Yup don't forget if you want to unlock you need the 5.1.1 fixer from Cydia as well as ultrasnow

Just google there is guides and download links

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-25-2012 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD