Cydia reporting HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

If youre receiving a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error when trying to download packages in Cydia, dont worry. Practically everyone is getting that error now because Cydia is so incredibly busy now.

Its the whole drinking from a fire hose analogy. Theres just too much traffic to handle all of the request because of the recently released Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1

The thing that makes this jailbreak more significant than any other before it, is that its compatible with so many devices from the get go. Along with that, the Chronic Dev Team did an outstanding job getting things in order from a logistical standpoint.

I dont think weve ever seen a Mac and Windows simultaneous release like we did today. Not only that, but Absinthe 2.0 works with Linux out of the gate too!

Cydia will eventually smooth out, but youre going to have to be patient. This is an unprecedented jailbreak release, and everyone wants in on the action
    source: iDB

i am getting this now too..
    05-25-2012 11:51 AM
    Humm, this is a good point.

I new this was going to happen with traffic.

Me to - Got most of my tweeks now anyway!
    05-25-2012 11:57 AM
    hilarious..

attempt to DL desired tweak--error

attempt to DL again right after error--SUCCESS!
    05-25-2012 12:37 PM
    hilarious..

attempt to DL desired tweak--error

attempt to DL again right after error--SUCCESS!
    Had the same problem with Winterboard. Tried to download it twice - error. Third time - success!
    05-25-2012 12:45 PM
    It took me 1 time to get xBackup downloaded and it restored everything but SbSettings,

It took me 10 times for SbSettings. I do have it now, thank god. Cannot live without it.
    05-25-2012 01:14 PM
    This has been a common thing with Cydia when a new jailbreak is out. Just traffic.

Happened when the 4.2.3 jailbreak came out. Continued with 5.0/5.0.1
    05-25-2012 01:39 PM
    trying to install winterboard, getting cannot comply, was already on a tethered jb should have just installed the raccoon thing instead
    05-25-2012 06:38 PM
    yes. as the days go by it will get back to where it should be
    Ahh thats what i figured,ah well I've got the JB on so ill happily wait now to get all my bits n bobs back on.

Cheers
    05-25-2012 07:54 PM
    Is traffic to blame for painfully slow 'downloading packages' after adding a new source?
    05-25-2012 08:46 PM
    Is traffic to blame for painfully slow 'downloading packages' after adding a new source?
    yes. as the days go by it will get back to where it should be
    05-25-2012 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD