Leave well enough alone?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 5.0.1 I JailBroke at Christmas tethered then installed Corona. Everything is working fine, any opinions on if I should go to 5.1.1? What are the benifits? There are updates in Cydia for pcre (?) and Mobile Substrate does anybody know if these will negatively effect 5.0.1?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 5.0.1 I JailBroke at Christmas tethered then installed Corona. Everything is working fine, any opinions on if I should go to 5.1.1? What are the benifits? There are updates in Cydia for pcre (?) and Mobile Substrate does anybody know if these will negatively effect 5.0.1?

I would stay as you are. I'm not going to be upgrading my iPhone 4. If it works well, why mess with it.

If you decide to, make sure you backup all your Cydia bit and bobs via xBackup from Cydia.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thx for reply. Ya, I was just thinking it over and don't need the hassle. I don't think there's much in 5.1.1 I need anyway. I have iP4 and never had any battery issues so I don't think there's any reason to upgrade. I have a iPad 2 I'll be JBing, it's on 5.1.1 and hasn't been J Broke since 4.
I'm going to go ahead with the Mobile Substrate update in Cydia on iP4 and see what happens, should be fine.