Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ok, cool. Thanks. One more thing though...how do I restore from that file? lol

I have my phone plugged in and iTunes open (Windows PC)

When I right click on my phone in iTunes (even using shift or ctrl) there is no way for me to browse to that file.

I think someone said hold the shift key when you hit restore. Then you can choose the file from where ever you saved it

travo112

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm on my
iPads And 4s :)

This message was sent using my iPhone 4s on tapatalk

"First make sure you're right, then go ahead," -Davy Crockett

Don't forget to thank!

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I think someone said hold the shift key when you hit restore. Then you can choose the file from where ever you saved it

I am holding down shift. It just keeps restoring my last backup. Doesnt allow me to browse :(

EDIT:

N/M, I thought you had to right click and hold shift, click restore. Instead its actually holding shift and clicking just the Restore button, lol.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I am holding down shift. It just keeps restoring my last backup. Doesnt allow me to browse :(

EDIT:

N/M, I thought you had to right click and hold shift, click restore. Instead its actually holding shift and clicking just the Restore button, lol.

Okay good! I run a Mac so i really had no way to check if i was wrong or not haha!

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Done and DONE. Had to use TIny Umbrella to make sure the host was NOT set to Cydia on exit. Then restored to 5.1.1 from my jailbroken 5.0.1. Restored from backup, and all is well!! HOWEVER- it appears as if Cydia is slammed, so I can't even get in to download my packages and restore from APtbackup.... GRRRRR:mad:

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
is the field in your Changes section blank?

Not sure what you mean by field. I dont see anything blank. However, I cannot install iFile which I purchased or some other ones like 5 Icon Dock. When I click Install, it says on top, "Cannot Comply" ... in the middle shows an option to "Continue Queuing"

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by field. I dont see anything blank. However, I cannot install iFile which I purchased or some other ones like 5 Icon Dock. When I click Install, it says on top, "Cannot Comply" ... in the middle shows an option to "Continue Queuing"

i see, well that sucks. that's the price we pay for jailbreaking on release day i guess lol

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I am a little confused on the order of steps.

Make backup
Restore phone via itunes using the ipsw file

at this point my phone is not activated and if I go through the steps to activate it, it will ask to restore from my backup which brings me back to step 1. What am I missing here. I'm not sure when I am supposed to jailbreak or should I just jailbreak with all my apps and data on the phone after I restore?

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So I am a little confused on the order of steps.

Make backup
Restore phone via itunes using the ipsw file

at this point my phone is not activated and if I go through the steps to activate it, it will ask to restore from my backup which brings me back to step 1. What am I missing here. I'm not sure when I am supposed to jailbreak or should I just jailbreak with all my apps and data on the phone after I restore?

Set up as new.
This is what I did.

1. Make a backup via iTunes.
2. Restore from backup using that ipsw file via iTunes. I used Windows so I shift clicked restore and it allows you to browse for that file.
3. Activate you phone.
4. Run the JB utility.
5. Restore from backup to get your data/apps back.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
So odd, I have now tried Jailbreaking my iPad 3 seven times now, to no avail. However, i accidentally plugged my 4s into the laptop and the jailbreak went through on the first try. iPad was wiped internally from the settings menu, and the 4s i never wiped. I do not know what to make of this other than i am a lucky person, as I was not prepared to go without my phone for the remainder of the day.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Set up as new.
This is what I did.

1. Make a backup via iTunes.
2. Restore from backup using that ipsw file via iTunes. I used Windows so I shift clicked restore and it allows you to browse for that file.
3. Activate you phone.
4. Run the JB utility.
5. Restore from backup to get your data/apps back.

Thanks for the list. Its step 3 that confuses me since activating the phone makes me restore the phone from my backup. There isn't a time to jb before my phone is restored from my backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR