Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
well it seemed and worked smooth for me when I first jb my 4S. But when I try to install a tweak, package, etc. I'm getting internal server error or Hash Sum Mismatch at the end.. (while installing SBSettings) Maybe it could be sth. unrelated but can anyone inform me about that how can I solve that issue?

Download Winterboard also if you haven't. I couldn't get anything to work until I downloaded Winterboard.

PulsedHalo

May 25, 2012
Visit site
a lot of people are having problems and so did I
but what fixed it for me was how I initially restored.
You have to restore (full restore) from itunes with the 5.1.1 ipsw file.

Sync your backup, select the appropriate restore file (5.1.1) and begin the restore process. Afterward, activate your iphone 4s. And then start the jailbreak. I did it this way and it all worked first time.

It's the restore. Don't wipe from the phone. USE ITUNES and restore from the 5.1.1 ipsw. Hope this helps everyone

Guys..help me out here...first off...WTF is a ipsw file. Secondly...when you say "USE ITUNES and restor from 5.1.1 ipsw, where in ITUNES do you do that?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't give up!

Sometimes it takes forever to jailbreak. Back on my old 4 I think it took me 24 tries to get one to stick.

It's probably nothing you're doing wrong!

Yeah but I need my phone. Maybe I'll come back to this at some other time. Thanks for the encouragement.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Guys..help me out here...first off...WTF is a ipsw file. Secondly...when you say "USE ITUNES and restor from 5.1.1 ipsw, where in ITUNES do you do that?

It's the file itunes uses as a backup, if you are using a Mac you can hold down the option button while you hit restore in itunes and then manually select the backup file (ipsw). There's been a few linked here by others.

If you're on a windows I think you can right click on restore but don't hold me to that i haven't owned one for years.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Bear with me and I will post a link for a 5.1.1 ipsw (that is an IOS operating software file). Before I can, what device do you have.

Then when you restore to it. Hold down shift whilst clicking on restore in itunes, then you can manully select it where ever you downloaded it to.

Reactions: Stephxieh

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Download Winterboard also if you haven't. I couldn't get anything to work until I downloaded Winterboard.

Thanks a lot!! That worked! With giving it some try, in the 3rd time, it installed successfully! I think the reason of the try was the lovely server issues as the other friends also mentioned for my question.. Thanks to everyone too!

PulsedHalo

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's the file itunes uses as a backup, if you are using a Mac you can hold down the option button while you hit restore in itunes and then manually select the backup file (ipsw). There's been a few linked here by others.

If you're on a windows I think you can right click on restore but don't hold me to that i haven't owned one for years.

You guys really all are geniouses. This worked like a charm. Spread the word for everyone with the "hmmm...something went wrong. please blow me" error message. This fixes it!

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You guys really all are geniouses. This worked like a charm. Spread the word for everyone with the "hmmm...something went wrong. please blow me" error message. This fixes it!

Glad it worked out for you.

Still have 4 more hours until i get home to try my own out :(

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I want to try the restore using the ipsw file for iphone 4s.

Do I need to wipe first again?
Also, if the JB works for me, can I do another restore to get my data and apps back from iTunes?

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Also, if the JB works for me, can I do another restore to get my data and apps back from iTunes?

Restoring will wipe everything, do a back up and then run the restore with the ipsw, then run the jailbreak and after than you can sync all your stuff back on. :)

chefdave12118

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting almost 6 hours for the cydia apps to be available. They must be mobbed! Anyone able to get cydia apps installed?

Edit. Never mind. Just got the answer.

Sent from my white iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

After you jailbreak, open iTunes, right click your phone and hit "Restore from Backup". This will restore your data but not the whole OS. You'll be fine then.

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Restoring will wipe everything, do a back up and then run the restore with the ipsw, then run the jailbreak and after than you can sync all your stuff back on. :)

Ok, cool. Thanks. One more thing though...how do I restore from that file? lol

I have my phone plugged in and iTunes open (Windows PC)

When I right click on my phone in iTunes (even using shift or ctrl) there is no way for me to browse to that file.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox