Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

domineus

May 25, 2012
Visit site
a lot of people are having problems and so did I
but what fixed it for me was how I initially restored.
You have to restore (full restore) from itunes with the 5.1.1 ipsw file.

Sync your backup, select the appropriate restore file (5.1.1) and begin the restore process. Afterward, activate your iphone 4s. And then start the jailbreak. I did it this way and it all worked first time.

It's the restore. Don't wipe from the phone. USE ITUNES and restore from the 5.1.1 ipsw. Hope this helps everyone

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Everyone, I'm out of ideas.

I'll be doing my iPhone 4 later. Will see how I get on and if you guys are still struggling, give me a shout. ;)

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
a lot of people are having problems and so did I
but what fixed it for me was how I initially restored.
You have to restore (full restore) from itunes with the 5.1.1 ipsw file.

Sync your backup, select the appropriate restore file (5.1.1) and begin the restore process. Afterward, activate your iphone 4s. And then start the jailbreak. I did it this way and it all worked first time.

It's the restore. Don't wipe from the phone. USE ITUNES and restore from the 5.1.1 ipsw. Hope this helps everyone

I'm going to try this and hopes it helps

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got a black Verizon iPhone4s and mine went smoothly. Started Absinthe, went to take care of some personal business and when I came back, there was Cydia. Took less than 10 minutes.

Quick question, Im Jailbroken now. Do I need to upgrade to 5.1 first and then do the jailbreak or just jailbreak after I have backed up my device?

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...i have been stuck on the "Waiting for reboot" window for a while now...my phone does the "reboot" but nothing happens...already i have restore the phone since absinthe read lockdown error -5
after i unplug the phone....

anyone can help me with this issue?

thanks!

edt: i am on 5.1.1 and mac os x

anyone? im kinda tired of restoring the phone :(

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, Im Jailbroken now. Do I need to upgrade to 5.1 first and then do the jailbreak or just jailbreak after I have backed up my device?

Are you unhappy with your jailbreak at the moment?

If I was you I would hold fire for a bit, as a few members are experiencing problems. Mainly with 4S.

But if you really want to, just make sure you have you shsh blob file saved for 5.0.1, so you can go back if it doesn't work.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you unhappy with your jailbreak at the moment?

If I was you I would hold fire for a bit, as a few members are experiencing problems. Mainly with 4S.

But if you really want to, just make sure you have you shsh blob file saved for 5.0.1, so you can go back if it doesn't work.

Hmm, I guess not really, maybe its a case of the latest and the greatest lol. I guess Ill wait. But am I correct, that the device needs to be upgraded to 5.1 first and them JB?

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
What device do you have?

If you go back a page or two, someone was having the same problem. But restored in a different way. I think it was with a custom 5.1.1 file by selecting it and it worked.

I'm on 4s...i have tried everything and it still gets stuck on that waiting for reboot stage but now my phone doesn't do the reboot

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Weird, I am not having this issue. I tried playing a podcast and a song, both played for me. Do you use iTunes Match?

I haven't JB yet. Many are reporting this issue on twitter. I am leaving town tonight and need my phone to work properly including my music player. Maybe I'll try it next week when I return. Or maybe a updated version will be released by then.

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't JB yet. Many are reporting this issue on twitter. I am leaving town tonight and need my phone to work properly including my music player. Maybe I'll try it next week when I return. Or maybe a updated version will be released by then.

Ah, was just curious. I really have seemed to luck out on this. None the less, I hope it gets fixed soon. :)

Have a good trip. Travel well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2