Ok, cool. Thanks. One more thing though...how do I restore from that file? lol

I have my phone plugged in and iTunes open (Windows PC)

When I right click on my phone in iTunes (even using shift or ctrl) there is no way for me to browse to that file.

I think someone said hold the shift key when you hit restore. Then you can choose the file from where ever you saved it
    05-25-2012 02:03 PM
    Worked like a charm on my
    iPads And 4s

This message was sent using my iPhone 4s on tapatalk

"First make sure you're right, then go ahead," -Davy Crockett

Don't forget to thank!
    05-25-2012 02:03 PM
    I think someone said hold the shift key when you hit restore. Then you can choose the file from where ever you saved it
    I am holding down shift. It just keeps restoring my last backup. Doesnt allow me to browse

EDIT:

N/M, I thought you had to right click and hold shift, click restore. Instead its actually holding shift and clicking just the Restore button, lol.
    05-25-2012 02:07 PM
    I am holding down shift. It just keeps restoring my last backup. Doesnt allow me to browse

EDIT:

N/M, I thought you had to right click and hold shift, click restore. Instead its actually holding shift and clicking just the Restore button, lol.
    Okay good! I run a Mac so i really had no way to check if i was wrong or not haha!
    05-25-2012 02:10 PM
    Jailbreak is complete! hehe

Thanks alot!
    05-25-2012 02:30 PM
    Is the only downside to jailbreaking without wiping your device clean is the time it takes to jailbreak?
    05-25-2012 02:36 PM
    Done and DONE. Had to use TIny Umbrella to make sure the host was NOT set to Cydia on exit. Then restored to 5.1.1 from my jailbroken 5.0.1. Restored from backup, and all is well!! HOWEVER- it appears as if Cydia is slammed, so I can't even get in to download my packages and restore from APtbackup.... GRRRRR
    05-25-2012 02:37 PM
    Keep getting this error, and no packages will load..anyone else?
    05-25-2012 02:42 PM
    Jailbreak is complete! hehe

Thanks alot!
    Excellent mate. Well done, glad you got it in the end.
    Ziltoid likes this.
    05-25-2012 02:44 PM
    Keep getting this error, and no packages will load..anyone else?
    The servers are overloaded buddy. Have been since Absinthe was released.
    05-25-2012 02:45 PM
    Yeah Cydia is showing "Cannot Comply" and/or "Cannot Locate Packages"

Is that because of the server?
    05-25-2012 02:51 PM
    Yeah Cydia is showing "Cannot Comply" and/or "Cannot Locate Packages"

Is that because of the server?
    yes, you may want to go to your Changes section in Cydia and click on Refresh to see if that corrects it
    05-25-2012 02:56 PM
    yes, you may want to go to your Changes section in Cydia and click on Refresh to see if that corrects it
    Yeah I tried that. I cant install anything. Hope it works itself out soon because I have some paid JB apps I need back lol
    05-25-2012 03:00 PM
    Yeah I tried that. I cant install anything. Hope it works itself out soon because I have some paid JB apps I need back lol
    is the field in your Changes section blank?
    05-25-2012 03:03 PM
    is the field in your Changes section blank?
    Not sure what you mean by field. I dont see anything blank. However, I cannot install iFile which I purchased or some other ones like 5 Icon Dock. When I click Install, it says on top, "Cannot Comply" ... in the middle shows an option to "Continue Queuing"
    05-25-2012 03:08 PM
    Not sure what you mean by field. I dont see anything blank. However, I cannot install iFile which I purchased or some other ones like 5 Icon Dock. When I click Install, it says on top, "Cannot Comply" ... in the middle shows an option to "Continue Queuing"
    i see, well that sucks. that's the price we pay for jailbreaking on release day i guess lol
    05-25-2012 03:13 PM
    So I am a little confused on the order of steps.

Make backup
    Restore phone via itunes using the ipsw file

at this point my phone is not activated and if I go through the steps to activate it, it will ask to restore from my backup which brings me back to step 1. What am I missing here. I'm not sure when I am supposed to jailbreak or should I just jailbreak with all my apps and data on the phone after I restore?
    05-25-2012 03:25 PM
    So I am a little confused on the order of steps.

Make backup
    Restore phone via itunes using the ipsw file

at this point my phone is not activated and if I go through the steps to activate it, it will ask to restore from my backup which brings me back to step 1. What am I missing here. I'm not sure when I am supposed to jailbreak or should I just jailbreak with all my apps and data on the phone after I restore?
    Set up as new.
    This is what I did.

1. Make a backup via iTunes.
    2. Restore from backup using that ipsw file via iTunes. I used Windows so I shift clicked restore and it allows you to browse for that file.
    3. Activate you phone.
    4. Run the JB utility.
    5. Restore from backup to get your data/apps back.
    05-25-2012 03:28 PM
    So odd, I have now tried Jailbreaking my iPad 3 seven times now, to no avail. However, i accidentally plugged my 4s into the laptop and the jailbreak went through on the first try. iPad was wiped internally from the settings menu, and the 4s i never wiped. I do not know what to make of this other than i am a lucky person, as I was not prepared to go without my phone for the remainder of the day.
    05-25-2012 03:34 PM
    Set up as new.
    This is what I did.

1. Make a backup via iTunes.
    2. Restore from backup using that ipsw file via iTunes. I used Windows so I shift clicked restore and it allows you to browse for that file.
    3. Activate you phone.
    4. Run the JB utility.
    5. Restore from backup to get your data/apps back.
    Thanks for the list. Its step 3 that confuses me since activating the phone makes me restore the phone from my backup. There isn't a time to jb before my phone is restored from my backup.
    05-25-2012 03:36 PM
    I can't even open Cydia
    05-25-2012 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the list. Its step 3 that confuses me since activating the phone makes me restore the phone from my backup. There isn't a time to jb before my phone is restored from my backup.
    Restoring the iOS and restoring from back-up are two distinct things. Once you've retorted the iOS, you can skip/cancell/ignore restoring from back-up until after you run the jailbreak tool.
    05-25-2012 03:43 PM
    Are you still connected to iTunes when you are activating? I would disconnect it from your PC. I did or just close iTunes.
    05-25-2012 03:44 PM
    Restoring the iOS and restoring from back-up are two distinct things. Once you've retorted the iOS, you can skip/cancell/ignore restoring from back-up until after you run the jailbreak tool.
    So set up as new iphone? I can't skip as it is already checked. The only option are new iphone, itunes backup, or icloud backup.
    05-25-2012 03:50 PM
    Are you still connected to iTunes when you are activating? I would disconnect it from your PC. I did or just close iTunes.

Yes I was but i still have to choose one of the 3 options to activate. I'll start the process over as I now have a deactivated iphone.
    Last edited by nod_scene; 05-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    05-25-2012 03:51 PM
364 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD