it's actually spelled Racoon in Cydia, i have no idea why lol
    And that bugs me every time I see it misspelled too. I cringe when I see bad grammar and spelling.

From Cydia package Description:

Now you know.
    BLiNK likes this.
    05-31-2012 10:37 AM
    Anyone notice that standby times with this release are really a mixed bag? One day I'll have fantastic standby and the next I'll have something like what I have today. Attachment 16253
    05-31-2012 11:25 AM
    Anyone notice that standby times with this release are really a mixed bag? One day I'll have fantastic standby and the next I'll have something like what I have today.
    I just jumped back to my iPhone 4 when I saw the untethered JB was released for OS5.1.1. The JB went super-smooth for me, so much easier than the "old" GreenPoison with DFU mode, etc. However, I've noticed exactly what you're asking---fast battery drain on standby.

I haven't loaded my iPhone with a lot of tweaks yet, I'm trying to keep it simple (relatively speaking). I even did a reset prior to the JB to make sure any old stuff was deleted.

I'm curious to see how the potential battery issue goes and if others are noticing the same thing.
    05-31-2012 04:20 PM
    I have some pretty bad battery life with this, too. If I have about 1.5 hours of use and 5 hours of standby, I am at about 65%. That doesn't seem good to me. What tweaks are loaded on your system?

I have

Lockinfo
    Zephyr
    SBSettings
    Activator
    3G Unrestrictor (but it's disabled in SBSettings)
    Firewall IP (just added to see if I can find any extraneous connections)
    Action Menu
    Assistant Extensions
    Mail Enhancer Pro
    Popup Blocker
    BiteSMS

I don't have Winterboard installed.
    05-31-2012 08:57 PM
    My tweaks are:

LockInfo
    biteSMS
    SBSettings
    Activator
    PopUp Blocker
    AdBlock
    SpringMe
    Infinifolders
    Weather Icon
    WinterBoard
    Touch Icon
    SBSettings

These are far fewer than I had when my iPhone was running 4.2.6 with the GreenPoison JB and I don't remember my standby time affected like this. I'll wait and see if things settle down; I just reactivated my iPhone 4 and updated to 5.1.1 yesterday. I seem to remember battery-life improving after a few days when I first got my iPhone.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I can't imagine running "Pure."
    05-31-2012 09:32 PM
    Only thing I have in terms of jailbreak apps and tweaks and really the only reason I jailbroke is Sparrow+... Once they release the info on how they're gonna work push in terms of price I really will have no need for jailbreaking. Unless the price is just too steep for me... In which case i'll keep it jailbroken haha
    05-31-2012 11:56 PM
    Anyone notice that standby times with this release are really a mixed bag? One day I'll have fantastic standby and the next I'll have something like what I have today. Attachment 16253

Unless I'm not seeing the same thing as you, that would be some of the best battery life I've ever seen, by a huge margin, just what do you consider "fantastic"???
    06-01-2012 06:14 AM
    Unless I'm not seeing the same thing as you, that would be some of the best battery life I've ever seen, by a huge margin, just what do you consider "fantastic"???
    Obviously that's not the true usage... I or no one else is going to get 16 hrs of usage. My point was that the phone was being stopped from fully going to sleep. I use my phone for a little more than 5 hrs a day, let alone 4.5 hrs out of the 10 it's been off the charger.
    06-01-2012 07:55 AM
    That's what this JB is called. Rocky Raccoon.
    I did not know that. I always thought it was called Absinthe. Regardless i found it confusing.

You'll get updates in Cydia like you would in the App Store. I've had to update RR twice since I JB last week.
    seems that way. i didn't really have much choice by that time. i kinda was like "F-it now i'm already in deep. What harm can it do?" Me i just think all the instructions for these things are not written that well and leave it to you to fill in a bunch of blanks. But i've only done a jail break once before. Those instructions were fine and spot on. but that one didn't have to account for uprading the OS.
    06-01-2012 05:04 PM
    my battery life seems exactly the same as before. my only jailbreaks tweaks at are bitesms and activator
    06-01-2012 05:10 PM
    I have been experiencing better battery life than before with the 5.0.x jailbreak. I am running more background processes than before, and everything is running very smooth. Barrel sliding animations are very smooth, even with a Parallax scrolling background.

iPhone 4, GSM

My JB apps...

Barrel
    Parallax
    Dashboard X (using 4 widgets)
    Activator
    Bars
    BatteryDoctorPro
    biteSMS
    CardSwitcher
    FolderEnhancer
    Gridlock
    HomeSpringPage (to give a blank first screen for Dashboard X to use)
    InfiniDock
    IntelliScreenX
    WeatherIcon
    MultiIconMover
    MxTube
    MyWi 5
    SBSettings
    Signal
    SlyCam
    Springtomize 2
    Switchy
    06-01-2012 08:55 PM
    I updated my LTE iPad and 4S on the day this was released and JB both devices in a matter of minutes. This JB was just as easy as the last one I did.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    06-02-2012 08:07 AM
    I have been experiencing better battery life than before with the 5.0.x jailbreak. I am running more background processes than before, and everything is running very smooth. Barrel sliding animations are very smooth, even with a Parallax scrolling background.

iPhone 4, GSM

My JB apps...

Barrel
    Parallax
    Dashboard X (using 4 widgets)
    Activator
    Bars
    BatteryDoctorPro
    biteSMS
    CardSwitcher
    FolderEnhancer
    Gridlock
    HomeSpringPage (to give a blank first screen for Dashboard X to use)
    InfiniDock
    IntelliScreenX
    WeatherIcon
    MultiIconMover
    MxTube
    MyWi 5
    SBSettings
    Signal
    SlyCam
    Springtomize 2
    Switchy
    wow, congrats! my OCD would be thru the roof with all of those
    06-02-2012 10:34 AM
    Firstly this could be caused by the servers being hammered again because we have just had lots of new jailbreak with the release of Absinthe 2.0.

Secondly, when you open Cydia and it says loading packages at the top. Are you waiting for them all to load and then for Cydia to refresh.

Thirdly, try removing the repo an adding it again.

This is probably due to the servers being overloaded. Try it first the in the morning or last thing at night. When the servers are not in peek traffic time.
    i tried all this way. it just wont work. i guess its because the network problem in china. because there's a lot of site being blocked. and recently instalous wont work either in my ipad
    06-06-2012 09:55 AM
364 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD