Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an improvement in battery life since going to 5.1.1? I thought one of the fixes this version was to have improved some issue with battery life but not sure. I'll have to see if the new release makes a difference.

YES. personally i have gained on an average 1-1.5 hrs usage a day and that is good! of course, ymmv

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Mate, don't use Absinthe. Use Redsn0w to apply a tethered jailbreak. Once Cydia installed. Go in and search for Rocky Raccoon un-tether 5.1.1 and then you will be fully jailbroken, untethered.

This is the best result for a4 devices like the iPhone 4 & 3GS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yah that's what I figured. Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Absinthe 2.0 sucked, I've been Jailbreaking for 5 years and I've used each and every tool. DFU is like playtime to me and yet Absinthe totally F'ed up my iPhone. The first time I ran it there was no problem it ran fine and my Cydia icon was there. I ran it and it was preparing the file system and then after it closed all my icons that weren't inside folders were all gone. The cydia icon which was in a folder was gone too. I rebooted four times still no dice and since the settings app was one of the icons that was gone I had no way to reset the device. So I restored the phone yet again only instead of getting the 206 version 5.1.1 I got the 208 version 5.1.1 and guess what neither Redsnow or Absinthe could do anything with it. So restored my phone once again putting it into DFU and downloading the 206 version manually. Luckily Apple is still signing it so I did the Option + Restore and used Redsn0w this time and Voila no problemo. I'm not knockinig on the hardwork they all did anyone that knows me knows I'm a JB faithfull so I fully APPRECIATE the effort and made a donation. I'm just saying it was frustrating LOL

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Absinthe 2.0 sucked, I've been Jailbreaking for 5 years and I've used each and every tool. DFU is like playtime to me and yet Absinthe totally F'ed up my iPhone. The first time I ran it there was no problem it ran fine and my Cydia icon was there. I ran it and it was preparing the file system and then after it closed all my icons that weren't inside folders were all gone. The cydia icon which was in a folder was gone too. I rebooted four times still no dice and since the settings app was one of the icons that was gone I had no way to reset the device. So I restored the phone yet again only instead of getting the 206 version 5.1.1 I got the 208 version 5.1.1 and guess what neither Redsnow or Absinthe could do anything with it. So restored my phone once again putting it into DFU and downloading the 206 version manually. Luckily Apple is still signing it so I did the Option + Restore and used Redsn0w this time and Voila no problemo. I'm not knockinig on the hardwork they all did anyone that knows me knows I'm a JB faithfull so I fully APPRECIATE the effort and made a donation. I'm just saying it was frustrating LOL

Rookie :p :D

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I followed all of the steps and my phone is still in the restore process (erasing all data) and has been for almost two hours. It isn't saying anything just the spinning circle. Should it be taking this long? And if not, how do I get it out? I didn't update to 5.1.1 first; is that the problem?? Starting to panic a bit!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I followed all of the steps and my phone is still in the restore process (erasing all data) and has been for almost two hours. It isn't saying anything just the spinning circle. Should it be taking this long? And if not, how do I get it out? I didn't update to 5.1.1 first; is that the problem?? Starting to panic a bit!!

you can't follow all the steps because the first step is to update to 5.1.1 lol so yes that would be your problem. I'm not sure if it's for everyone but in my case there are two versions of 5.1.1 and the latest couldn't be JB so if that is the case you'll have to get the earlier version(see post above). I'm sure the Dev Team will fix the tool to work with the new version if they haven't already.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i tried jailbreaking i have done it before but cydia isnt working what should i do ?

servers are busy happens everytime a new JB is released. You can try either opening Cydia and waiting until at the top where it's loading it completes successfully of you can give it a day or two when the excitement has died down.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

You mean you followed the jailbreak process and now it is stuck on restore in the jailbreak utility or in iTunes.

At what point did you erase all content. You don't have to do that.

What iDevice do you have?

I should be able to get you out the mess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to Tutorials, iPhone, Basics and at the top is where can I download firmware if you look under iPhone 4 GSM there will be 2 5.1.1 and if you look thorugh the name you'll see one is 206 and the other is 208.

Are this explains why I have 2 SHSH blob files for 5.1.1 in Cydia. Humm, apple kept that quiet!!

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the updated absinthe tool works with no issues. I first updated my wife's 4s to 5.1.1 via ota. Then used absinthe 2.0.1 and it jb it without errors. I didn't have to use the ipws file like I had to with mine.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Was your phone ever restored from a backup - especially of a previous device -- especially a jailbroken one?

I ask because my new iPad kept deleting/losing ALL of my music from the device. I returned it for a new one because it would eliminate a couple of really big potential factors, then used the new one WITHOUT restoring from the backup. It's been over a month and not a single music file (that I've noticed) has gone away.

no. My phone has never been restored. it's a 4S on sprint 64gb. updated to 5.0.1. then jailbroken with absinthe.

specifically it was all the media that was deleted. the movies, music, ebooks and and audiobooks. It's happened three times. Deep down i think it's was some sort of Itunes glitch or issue. because the third time in happened i noticed that all the itunes (iphone specific) settings had been sort of reset. So it just starts syncing and whatever it did it removed everything. Now i always check when i plug it in to make sure the settings haven't changed. I've caught it once and just yanked the iphone out before it started deleting. Just to be safe i also made a single playlist with all 40gbs of my iphone music. So if it happens again i can just drag the one playlist rather then having to always pick and choose 40 or 50 gbs from my 100+gbs.

either way i think any action on my iphone that going to delete that much media should come with a warning. Or you should be able to set up permissions so it doesn't delete media no matter what.

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You mean you followed the jailbreak process and now it is stuck on restore in the jailbreak utility or in iTunes.

At what point did you erase all content. You don't have to do that.

What iDevice do you have?

I should be able to get you out the mess?

I have a 4S (on 5.0) and I went to the reset feature and selected the delete all data and that is where it is stuck. I never even got to the JB. The phone is not recognized by iTunes and Im afraid to touch it!! ikea! Hope you can help. I assumed that when it restored, it would go back to the previous OS and then I would update to 5.1.1...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234