Just got an update of the RockyRacoon 5.1.1 untether via Cydia... for whatever that's worth...

And iBlacklist had an update come out too.
    05-29-2012 11:55 AM
    It is not working for me. I am on 5.1.1 and the jailbreak does not go beyond the "sending initial date" window pop-up. Then I get a window telling that absinthe has stopped working. I am on Windows 7. I have no idea what to do next
    You can jailbreak your iPhone using the Redsn0w method here:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...ml#post1879191

There where two versions of 5.1.1 for the iPhone 4 GSM. The Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untether has been updated for both versions. So it is now compatible for both builds.

Therefore I'm very sure this method will work for jailbreaking you device.
    05-29-2012 12:41 PM
    idk about the jailbreak, it seems to be unstable on the wifes 4S. She was just calling someone and then it froze and only allowed phone calls through siri, the screen was just black. And her music kept messing up, it would play 2 songs then freeze, etc.
    05-29-2012 03:03 PM
    idk about the jailbreak, it seems to be unstable on the wifes 4S. She was just calling someone and then it froze and only allowed phone calls through siri, the screen was just black. And her music kept messing up, it would play 2 songs then freeze, etc.
    more than likely there was a conflict with something
    __

my phone actually froze today as well. even to the point of me having to reboot/hard reset. this is when i get to the point of asking myself "is it really worth it?"
    05-29-2012 04:21 PM
    Hi

The Absinthe instructions (on greenpois0n.com) sez you should restore you iDevice from iTunes immediately after running the JB.

Does that mean this JB is not reversible. I already did it and did the restore, and it did not reverse the jailbreak.

Anyone?
    05-30-2012 03:44 AM
    more than likely there was a conflict with something
    __

my phone actually froze today as well. even to the point of me having to reboot/hard reset. this is when i get to the point of asking myself "is it really worth it?"
    After looking what I installed I believe you are correct. I think the problem was with an app called "Unfold"
    05-30-2012 07:40 AM
    After looking what I installed I believe you are correct. I think the problem was with an app called "Unfold"
    Yep Unfold caused crashing and other problems for me too. As soon as I removed it, my iPhone was fine again, then I added it back, after they updated it, and the problems started again.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2012 08:25 AM
    Is unfold needed? What does it do?
    05-30-2012 08:42 AM
    I am relatively new to jailbreaking. I keep seeing updates to Absinthe - Do I need to rerun the jailbreak with the updated version?
    05-30-2012 09:15 AM
    Is unfold needed? What does it do?
    it's a custom unlock and it appears to be really buggy
    05-30-2012 09:26 AM
    I am relatively new to jailbreaking. I keep seeing updates to Absinthe - Do I need to rerun the jailbreak with the updated version?
    no, they are updating to support other devices
    05-30-2012 09:27 AM
    Hi

The Absinthe instructions (on greenpois0n.com) sez you should restore you iDevice from iTunes immediately after running the JB.

Does that mean this JB is not reversible. I already did it and did the restore, and it did not reverse the jailbreak.

Anyone?
    no, you are reading it incorrectly. right from the Absinthe readme notes:

USAGE: (MacOSX, Windows & Linux)

1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.
    2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
    3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
    4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!
    5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
    6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
    05-30-2012 09:31 AM
    I still dont get it

Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)

Wasn't the backup taken before JB. If i restore it, why does it not remove JB?

Or, in other words, how is this procedure different from reversing JB?
    05-30-2012 10:37 AM
    hello guys, anybody can help me here? i already finish the jailbreak i jailbreak my ipad2 32g 3g , and 2 other iphone4 for my friend. i got a problem in my ipad2 that the big boss repo and the zottd didnt have any content in it and when i want to install sb setting, winter board, lock info, activator it cannot install with the note that cannot find package. this problem only appear in my ipad2 the other iphone 4 didn't have this kind of problem. need help please.
    05-30-2012 10:44 AM
    777. You're confusing backup with restore. Backup simply saves your apps and previous settings and puts them back on your phone. It doesn't affect the jailbreak or alter the operating system. A restore will erase all the jailbreak info and revert a phone back to the stock OS. So when you restore a backup, all you're doing is putting the apps and other info back on your phone that you backed up before. It won't delete the jailbreak data.
    05-30-2012 10:49 AM
    777. You're confusing backup with restore. Backup simply saves your apps and previous settings and puts them back on your phone. It doesn't affect the jailbreak or alter the operating system. A restore will erase all the jailbreak info and revert a phone back to the stock OS. So when you restore a backup, all you're doing is putting the apps and other info back on your phone that you backed up before. It won't delete the jailbreak data.
    This. Also, I'm almost positive you can make a backup right before you plan on restoring back to stock OS and it will have no adverse effects. You won't have any traces of a jailbreak and you'll still have the most recent possible backup.
    05-30-2012 11:09 AM
    hello guys, anybody can help me here? i already finish the jailbreak i jailbreak my ipad2 32g 3g , and 2 other iphone4 for my friend. i got a problem in my ipad2 that the big boss repo and the zottd didnt have any content in it and when i want to install sb setting, winter board, lock info, activator it cannot install with the note that cannot find package. this problem only appear in my ipad2 the other iphone 4 didn't have this kind of problem. need help please.
    Firstly this could be caused by the servers being hammered again because we have just had lots of new jailbreak with the release of Absinthe 2.0.

Secondly, when you open Cydia and it says loading packages at the top. Are you waiting for them all to load and then for Cydia to refresh.

Thirdly, try removing the repo an adding it again.

This is probably due to the servers being overloaded. Try it first the in the morning or last thing at night. When the servers are not in peek traffic time.
    YohanesPatrick likes this.
    05-30-2012 11:14 AM
    I still dont get it

Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)

Wasn't the backup taken before JB. If i restore it, why does it not remove JB?

Or, in other words, how is this procedure different from reversing JB?
    When you use Apple software (i.e. iTunes). It will only back up apple ios software. So itunes will not see any of the jailbreak stuff because its not looking for it when making a backup. So if you make a back of you phone when you are jailbroken. It only backs up all standard/stock app's and you settings, data, etc. ITunes will not back up any jailbroken related stuff.

Does that help you understand it a little better.

Also just to give you a tip - If you update your IOS in the future, it will right over your jailbreak just like if you restore your device to factory settings.
    05-30-2012 11:21 AM
    This. Also, I'm almost positive you can make a backup right before you plan on restoring back to stock OS and it will have no adverse effects. You won't have any traces of a jailbreak and you'll still have the most recent possible backup.
    This is correct. There can be no trace of a jailbreak as you are basically wiping the phone and starting again.
    05-30-2012 11:23 AM
    thanks for explaining the restore to stock vs restore from backup.
    much appreciated.
    05-30-2012 02:33 PM
    well i finally bit the bullet and jailbroke. I still say it's quite a confusing process with tons of people saying different things. this is what worked for me.

Iphone 4s, sprint, jailbroken only to 5.0.1 (windows laptop), itunes 10.5.0.142

tried the absinthe instructions but keep hitting problems various points.

I backup my podcasts by saving the omph file (or however you spell it)
    Itunes backup
    then cause the instructions said upgrade to the latest. I tried to update my iphone over the air. That failed. I tried to update through itunes. It downloaded, extracted, then failed to install. Error 3194 I think.
    Through google searching i found out i needed to "clear my host file of an apple.com reference." So i had to find my host file. I navigated to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and opened the file in notepad and deleted the line. "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com" at the bottom. Then i saved the file. I restarted the computer. I tried to update the my iphone again through itunes. And Itunes updated the iphone just fine to 5.1.1. Note. this update too maybe 15 minutes total. It seemed to hang at "waiting for iphone" and the iphone showed that the meter on the screen had not started moving. I kinda thought it was broken but i gave it time. I came back maybe ten minutes later and itunes had changed it's message to updating so i knew at least it hadn't hung even though my iphone still kinda looked unresponsive. It eventually finished updating just fine. Now all my jailbreak was gone but some old apps where there but they just crashed when you tried to use them.

Next i ran the absinthe 2.0.2 jailbreak and just let it go. It jailbroke just fine. Then i ran cydia once and it said updating packages or framework or something. Sorry i forget but cydia updated something. Oh and then cydia asked me about a raccoon untethered jailbreak. I did it but again that wasn't meantioned in any of the instructions i read so it was kinda confusing. I'd already installed an untethered jailbreak. I had no clue what that was. And i never had to do it the first time i jailbroke. So i was kinda confused. Regardless i did it and it worked fine.

Now the jailbreak apps that crashed worked again. I didn't even have to update them. All the jailbreak app settings were still there. All the itunes settings and all my photos were still in the phone. Same wallpaper. my music was still there. Even when i reinstalled SB settings the sbsettings settings were still there. I read a couple different instructions on imore and greenpoison but i pretty much had to fill in the big blanks and skip stuff they said do but others said don't do. But now everything seems to work fine.
    Last edited by 9thWonder; 05-30-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    05-30-2012 05:23 PM
    fo Oh and then cydia asked me about a raccoon untethered jailbreak.
    That's what this JB is called. Rocky Raccoon.

I did it but again that wasn't meantioned in any of the instructions i read so it was kinda confusing. I'd already installed an untethered jailbreak. I had no clue what that was. And i never had to do it the first time i jailbroke. So i was kinda confused. Regardless i did it and it worked fine.
    You'll get updates in Cydia like you would in the App Store. I've had to update RR twice since I JB last week.
    05-31-2012 10:02 AM
    That's what this JB is called. Rocky Raccoon.
    it's actually spelled Racoon in Cydia, i have no idea why lol
    05-31-2012 10:26 AM
    it's actually spelled Racoon in Cydia, i have no idea why lol
    And that bugs me every time I see it misspelled too. I cringe when I see bad grammar and spelling.
    05-31-2012 10:28 AM
    And that bugs me every time I see it misspelled too. I cringe when I see bad grammar and spelling.
    i kno rite?!
    05-31-2012 10:33 AM
364 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD