5.1.1 JailBreak Waiting Room.....

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Last time I lasted any period of time on a JB was iOS 3.1.3 back when we didn't have walls on the standrad OS. Since then, if I JB I usually don't last long. As soon as I see my battery has gone to poo or excessive crashing, I just tend to restore back to factory quick. Tweeks are cool but I want my phone to work as stable as possible.

exactly. although my fingers are crossed this time since i have seen a significant improvement in battery performance with 5.1.1

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My mom doesn't know this yet but if it drops for "Mac only" first.....Im gonna be borrowing her Mac Book....

It sounds like the Dev team isnt about trying charge for JB's but if they built a site and released JB's a day early to people who pay to register......DAMN....they could make BANK....

Think of all the people wearing out their F5 keys right now who would pay for a JB early...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
haha, watch there be an issue with your PC or some type of updating/maintenance that needs to be done :eek:

IS is two floors down from my office. If that happens, I can and will find someone and slam it into turbo *****. :D

Most of them carry iPhones also, so I know they won't block Absinthe's site until after they all JB theirs.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like the Dev team isnt about trying charge for JB's but if they built a site and released JB's a day early to people who pay to register......DAMN....they could make BANK....

Think of all the people wearing out their F5 keys right now who would pay for a JB early...

hoenstly, i do not think jailbreaks are consistent enough for this to happen, and maybe more of a liability factor would come into play? as you know once people are forced to pay for something they think they are owed "the world"

of course this is my opinion, which is not worth the energy spent typing this, but i believe Apple is winning the jailbreak war

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
hoenstly, i do not think jailbreaks are consistent enough for this to happen, and maybe more of a liability factor would come into play? as you know once people are forced to pay for something they think they are owed "the world"

of course this is my opinion, which is not worth the energy spent typing this, but i believe Apple is winning the jailbreak war

Yeah watch apple release facetime over 3g in the next update lol. Well you guys have fun with the early downloads, as i had just posted in another thread, i will have to wait as when it is released i will be driving to work and stuck in the field with no internets...

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Winning in more then one way.....

Not only are they making it harder, they are getting free feedback from JB'ers finding out whats we want and what to put in the next IOS....

Its free market research.....So as they might publicly cry about it....I know they benefit a bit....

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Garz I jailbreak but never last long. When I feel the battery or stability turns to s*#t I tend to go stock pretty quick. I do like some of the tweaks though.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hoping that this jailbreak comes out for all PC/MAC/Linux users at the same time, otherwise I just might cry a little bit inside.

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah watch apple release facetime over 3g in the next update lol. Well you guys have fun with the early downloads, as i had just posted in another thread, i will have to wait as when it is released i will be driving to work and stuck in the field with no internets...

I never got why Face Time isn't 3G capable since Skype is.....

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Download Absinthe 2.0 Untethered 5.1.1 Jailbreak [Direct Links] :

Download Absinthe 2.0 for Windows (Soon)
Download Absinthe 2.0 for Mac (Soon)
Download Absinthe 2.0 for Linux (Soon)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Download Absinthe 2.0 Untethered 5.1.1 Jailbreak [Direct Links] :

Download Absinthe 2.0 for Windows (Soon)
Download Absinthe 2.0 for Mac (Soon)
Download Absinthe 2.0 for Linux (Soon)

LOL, I like it...

I'm going to wait a bit to upgrade and re-jailbreak. No problems with the 5.0.1 JB I'm sporting. That will make it easier for all the fresh jailbreakers to join the "dark side".

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
When I upgraded to 5.1.1 today to jailbreak later, I did a new phone restore to try and help my battery life then I did a restore from iCloud on my computer to make my contacts, texts, etc come back. Should I have done the iCloud restore or not to help the battery life?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting very patiently as well - Bought my iPad to work!! :D:D

When I upgraded to 5.1.1 today to jailbreak later, I did a new phone restore to try and help my battery life then I did a restore from iCloud on my computer to make my contacts, texts, etc come back. Should I have done the iCloud restore or not to help the battery life?

You could have done it with the full restore from iCloud and just set up as new phone and then just turned iCloud on. Then you contact, mail accounts, bookmarks, message, etc will just download (You must make sure all the toggles are set on in the iCloud settings) apart from docs & data, unless you have been working on docs.

However I don't think it will make much difference, especially if you weren?t jailboken before. See how you go, you can always redo it this way if you?re not happy. ;)

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting very patiently as well - Bought my iPad to work!! :D:D

You could have done it with the full restore from iCloud and just set up as new phone and then just turned iCloud on. Then you contact, mail accounts, bookmarks, message, etc will just download (You must make sure all the toggles are set on in the iCloud settings) apart from docs & data, unless you have been working on docs.

However I don't think it will make much difference, especially if you weren’t jailboken before. See how you go, you can always redo it this way if you’re not happy. ;)

Ah I was jailbroken before :) oh well we shall see then if it works out or I can just try again ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods