Hi everyone earlier today I went to install a safari download plugin however while it was installing I received a script error and a post removal error. I respringed, then went back into cydia where it gave me the "half downloaded error screen, ignore or force clear etc". Then I went to uninstall the tweak and I received the same error. Now no cydia app or tweak will install or uninstall without the same script errors. Is there any fix to this or do I just need to do a iTunes restore? And if I need to restore how do I avoid having to upgrade to iOS 5.1. Thanks
    05-22-2012 12:38 AM
    If you have to restore you will loose jailbreak. Good news is the 5.1.1 Absinthe v2 jailbreak tool is imminent. Have you tried (re)installing said plugin?
    05-22-2012 01:10 AM
    If you have to restore you will loose jailbreak. Good news is the 5.1.1 Absinthe v2 jailbreak tool is imminent. Have you tried (re)installing said plugin?
    Yes, I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling to no avail...
    05-22-2012 03:34 AM
    have you tried rebooting your device via holding down home button/lock button? Thats usually fixed installation errors for me.
    05-22-2012 02:03 PM
    have you tried rebooting your device via holding down home button/lock button? Thats usually fixed installation errors for me.
    Well, I went into safe mode and I believe it had to reboot to enter safe mode. But no I never physically held down the home key and did a manual reboot. I read on tech site that you could unistall it in safe mode however that didn't work ethier. So I just did a iTunes restore after hearing that pod2g's untethered 5.1 jailbreak should be out by Friday. Stay away from the tweak safaridownplugin IOS 5. Messed me up!!!
    sherlock likes this.
    05-22-2012 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD