I'll get all the JB news I need right here... when there's something worth paying attention to it, there will be a post from one of the iMore shining stars that are in the know - and they'll share what they know when there's something worth sharing
    05-23-2012 10:05 AM
    Updates:

pod2g (@pod2g)
    24/05/2012 01:14
    OK just added iPad3,3 support to Absinthe thanks to @flawlessfox. Only remains iPad2,4 now but we need the actual device.P

pod2g (@pod2g)
    24/05/2012 01:15
    Any people of #HITB2012AMS has an iPad2,4? Model number: either MC954 or MC989. Please check in Settings / General / About.G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1982ollie; 05-24-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    05-24-2012 03:25 AM
    05-24-2012 09:03 AM
    Untethered Jailbreak 5.1.1 is Just Days Away From Release [Pod2g] | Absinthe Jailbreak.com

If you read this post it says the release it scheduled for Friday. I'm hoping for Thursday night :$
    05-24-2012 11:16 AM
    Untethered Jailbreak 5.1.1 is Just Days Away From Release [Pod2g] | Absinthe Jailbreak.com

If you read this post it says the release it scheduled for Friday. I'm hoping for Thursday night :$
    from what i have been reading it looks like it can be anytime from early Friday AM --> on
    05-24-2012 11:53 AM
    I may jailbreak my 4S now, really impressed with the new tweaks such as DashboardX. Though I'm guessing Apple may push iOS5.1.2 to fix the patch soon after as iOS6 is still a long way off.

05-24-2012 12:03 PM
    I may jailbreak my 4S now, really impressed with the new tweaks such as DashboardX. Though I'm guessing Apple may push iOS5.1.2 to fix the patch soon after as iOS6 is still a long way off.

That may happen. Just don't update if they do.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    05-24-2012 12:34 PM
    from what i have been reading it looks like it can be anytime from early Friday AM --> on
    Yeah Friday Morning is what I'm reading too. Well at least we have a date. You guys are lucky as it will be there for when you wake up.

I'm an hour behind Amsterdam, so it will be around midday for me. So keen to do my new iPad. Realy I can't wait anymore. I'm so excited, I feel like a 10 year old child again.
    05-24-2012 12:47 PM
    For those of you who missed it, the schedule for time release for the JB is right here.

First things first tomorrow at work: Jailbreak!
    BLiNK likes this.
    05-24-2012 03:40 PM
    For those of you who missed it, the schedule for time release for the JB is right here.

First things first tomorrow at work: Jailbreak!
    according to this it will be 7:30 am for me. yeah, i will not get sh!t done at work tomorrow!
    05-24-2012 03:44 PM
    according to this it will be 7:30 am for me. yeah, i will not get sh!t done at work tomorrow!
    Me too Blink. I'll get to work at 8 and with the JB at 730, work can wait until I'm done.
    05-24-2012 03:45 PM
    Me too Blink. I'll get to work at 8 and with the JB at 730, work can wait until I'm done.
    Same for me guys. Jailbreak for me at work to! Hope they release a windows version as I don't even know anyone with a mac or where one is thinking about it. Well fingers crossed for windows as well as mac.

Do you have a mac or windows?

Same to you Blink: Mac or Windows?

05-24-2012 04:01 PM
    Same for me guys. Jailbreak for me at work to! Hope they release a windows version as I don't even know anyone with a mac or where one is thinking about it. Well fingers crossed for windows as well as mac.

You can download a Windows and a Mac version here.

There's also a Linux version. Download links will be active tomorrow and are towards the middle portion.

I have a Windows PC at work and that's the only one I have access to with Internet access. My laptop at home needs a new hard drive and I don't have internet except on the iPhone.
    05-24-2012 04:20 PM

Win at work, Mac at home. if i remember correctly when the original Absinthe was released i think it was Mac first and then Win the next day? but the way things have been going who knows

in the 3+ years i have been jailbreaking i do not remember there ever being this much info provided right before a release
    05-24-2012 04:23 PM
    I won't have a chance until i get home from work. I don't have access to the internet in the field nor the time.
    05-24-2012 04:57 PM
    I won't have a chance until i get home from work. I don't have access to the internet in the field nor the time.
    this may not be such a bad thing, meaning; what IF there is something wrong with the 2.0 release and it completely fubars millions of devices to the point of them having to release a 2.0.x version

this is why i may wait a couple of hours myself and see how it pans out..
    05-24-2012 05:06 PM
    this may not be such a bad thing, meaning; what IF there is something wrong with the 2.0 release and it completely fubars millions of devices to the point of them having to release a 2.0.x version

this is why i may wait a couple of hours myself and see how it pans out..
    Very true. But never the less i will already be on the road by that time anyway. will be glad to be unafraid of my battery running dead.
    05-24-2012 05:10 PM
    The absolute earliest release is supposed to be at 12AM PST. we'll see what happens
    05-25-2012 02:16 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD