Is there a unified inbox app?

paco87

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a unified inbox app that I can get/buy in Cydia? As a long time BlackBerry user, I was used to receive all my e-mails, text messages, voice mails, IM's, etc in just one inbox instead of having to go through each individual app to read/hear my messages and would like to know if there's something similar that I can install in my iPhone. I know this is not a BB but a completely different device and I won't throw a fit if what I want is not available but if it is, I would definitely use it.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You can have multiple email accounts in the stock app, but each account has its own inbox. But it sounds like you want emails from several accounts all in one inbox?

You can do this with gmail. It's in the settings (not the app settings - your account settings). You can set different accounts from different email clients to automatically forward all messages to gmail, then you can respond to them, and (on the computer version of gmail at least) there's a little drop down menu where you can select which account you'd like your response to be sent from.

Did that make sense?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the OP wants one Inbox for ALL types of communication, so that if you opened it you'd see all your email, texts, IMs, phone calls, etc. all in ONE place.

However, I don't think I've ever seen that on iOS. Interesting idea though; I might use it myself.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Would be way too overwhelming for me all in one place. Personally I think notification center is enough as it is.

paco87

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think the OP wants one Inbox for ALL types of communication, so that if you opened it you'd see all your email, texts, IMs, phone calls, etc. all in ONE place.

However, I don't think I've ever seen that on iOS. Interesting idea though; I might use it myself.

@Massie, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Former BB users should know what I'm talking about. When I got the iPhone, I knew I wouldn't be getting this so I'm not losing sleep over it but if I can get that feature, I would be very happy. As someone mentioned, it could appear as overwhelming but, at least for me it's harder to go to each individual app whenever I want/need to check something. After 5 years of using a BB, I really learned to like it.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Ahh I see. Perhaps consider gmail/google voice apps? Best I can recommend.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That's one thing I miss from my BB, all my messages, emails, FB notifications, etc would be in one inbox. I guess it works out because I have all my push apps on my home screen and everything else on the othe pages.