Hello,

I am new to the forum and pretty new to jailbreaking. Someone gave me an iphone which had been jailbroken. I have no idea what ios it had and it will not turn on for me to determine what ios it has.

I believe (but am not certain) that the phone is a 3gs.

I have attempted to jailbreak the phone with redsn0w but have gotten several different errors depending on where I am within the jailbreak process:

the errors I have gotten include:
    no identifying fetch data ( I get this if I just try to boot or jailbreak with redsnow)

I am able to boot if I select ios 5.0 ipsw but the phone just hangs on the pineapple image and nothing else.

at other times I have gotten an exploit failed error

and other times I get an error saying that that it cannot jailbreak untethered. I believe that is the error, but I do not get that error at the moment to know exactly what it says.

Can anyone provide some advice on dealing with these issues. I have been following different procedures I have found online, and I get different errors depending on what process I attempt.

Thank You
    05-16-2012 02:22 PM
    i forgot to mention that if I try to restore in itunes I get an error 1394
    05-16-2012 02:26 PM
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and pretty new to jailbreaking. Someone gave me an iphone which had been jailbroken. I have no idea what ios it had and it will not turn on for me to determine what ios it has.

I believe (but am not certain) that the phone is a 3gs.

I have attempted to jailbreak the phone with redsn0w but have gotten several different errors depending on where I am within the jailbreak process:

the errors I have gotten include:
    no identifying fetch data ( I get this if I just try to boot or jailbreak with redsnow)

I am able to boot if I select ios 5.0 ipsw but the phone just hangs on the pineapple image and nothing else.

at other times I have gotten an exploit failed error

and other times I get an error saying that that it cannot jailbreak untethered. I believe that is the error, but I do not get that error at the moment to know exactly what it says.

Can anyone provide some advice on dealing with these issues. I have been following different procedures I have found online, and I get different errors depending on what process I attempt.

Thank You
    OK, when you are trying to restore. Are you just letting iTunes install the lastest version of IOS or are you selection a firmware version yourself. In other words what version are you trying to restore to.

This explains the error code that you are getting:

Fix Error 3194 from iTunes during iPhone restore

What version do you want to restore to?
    05-17-2012 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD