bought my iphone 4 the other day and when i activated it i updated to 5.1.1 not knowing there wasnt a untethered jailbreak for it......or is there? i been doing some research and some places say there is untethered and some places say there isnt.....i just want a straight answer cuz i would like to JB my phone......can anyone shed some light on if there is a untethered jailbreak available and if not when will it become available
    05-14-2012 12:59 AM
    No untethered JB available right now for iOS 5.1.1. Only 5.0.1.
    kingofny#IM likes this.
    05-14-2012 01:05 AM
    There is, however, a tethered jailbreak for 5.1.1 Pre-A5(X) devices using redsn0w

Also, @pod2g does have a 5.1.1 UNtethered in the works
    kingofny#IM likes this.
    05-14-2012 01:32 AM
    pod2g says it'll be a couple more weeks.
    http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.fr/2012/05...break-faq.html
    kingofny#IM likes this.
    05-14-2012 07:20 AM
    ok that helps thank you.......i wanna try untethered but im skeptical if im out and about and my phone is about to die and i plug it into a reg wall charger do i need to connect it to a computer and tether again or as long as it just doesnt die ill be ok?
    05-14-2012 07:43 AM
    You'll only have to plug into the computer if you need to reset/reboot or battery completely dies out. Basically, if you turn the phone off for any reason you'll then have to reboot it from the computer you JB'd from with a tethered JB.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    kingofny#IM likes this.
    05-14-2012 08:40 AM
    hopefully my last question.....can i go untethered after i do a thethered jailbreak
    05-14-2012 09:50 AM
    hopefully my last question.....can i go untethered after i do a thethered jailbreak
    Yes. You can.
    kingofny#IM likes this.
    05-14-2012 09:54 AM
    i wanna try untethered but im skeptical if im out and about and my phone is about to die and i plug it into a reg wall charger do i need to connect it to a computer and tether again or as long as it just doesnt die ill be ok?
    05-14-2012 10:57 AM
    i wanna try untethered but im skeptical if im out and about and my phone is about to die and i plug it into a reg wall charger do i need to connect it to a computer and tether again or as long as it just doesnt die ill be ok?
    Should be fine.

05-14-2012 11:56 AM
    w00t-->

https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/202048308116590592

kingofny#IM likes this.
    05-14-2012 01:30 PM
    im trying to do the tethered JB but after identifying and going through the 1st and 2nd stage my phone reboots and redsn0w will just say "waiting for reboot' and will do nothing ive tried 0.9.10b6 and 0.9.11b4 and the same thing happens anyone know why?
    05-14-2012 01:55 PM
    No it will charge fine. Thing is just don't turn it off.
    05-14-2012 03:41 PM
    I assume you don't have SHSH blobs saved so you can downgrade to 5.0.1? Looks like it'll be a couple weeks and the new untethered JB will be ours.
    05-14-2012 03:43 PM
    I assume you don't have SHSH blobs saved so you can downgrade to 5.0.1? Looks like it'll be a couple weeks and the new untethered JB will be ours.
    is that a response for my problem?
    05-14-2012 04:00 PM
    im trying to do the tethered JB but after identifying and going through the 1st and 2nd stage my phone reboots and redsn0w will just say "waiting for reboot' and will do nothing ive tried 0.9.10b6 and 0.9.11b4 and the same thing happens anyone know why?
    You're trying it on an iPhone 4 or 4S?
    05-14-2012 04:13 PM
    05-14-2012 05:13 PM
    which os are you on? you need to check out this link...

Jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1, 5.1, and 5.1.1 - JailbreakQA
    05-14-2012 06:31 PM
    is that a response for my problem?
    Yes, if you have them saved then downgrade to 5.0.1 and jailbreak it using absinthe.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    05-14-2012 09:39 PM
    i got it to work but went back to stock....the only reason i wanted to jailbreak was because of siri and it doesnt work on 5.1.1.....thanks for everything
    05-15-2012 01:03 PM
    I finally decided to try jailbreaking my 4s. I went to ineedjailbreak.com and purchased their $24.95 solution. When I attempted to use it, I got a screen message stating that the device was not supported. I attempted to get a refund for my purchase and all my emails went unanswered.
    Just my advice;don't jailbreak, it is a questionable group of people.
    05-19-2012 08:40 AM
    Sorry about your experience. Jailbreaking is 'free', once some whizz releases the software. I'd NEVER recommend paying for a
    Jailbreak...

Plus I didn't think that 5.1.1 was jail broken yet.

I finally decided to try jailbreaking my 4s. I went to ineedjailbreak.com and purchased their $24.95 solution. When I attempted to use it, I got a screen message stating that the device was not supported. I attempted to get a refund for my purchase and all my emails went unanswered.
    05-19-2012 08:48 AM

oh damn, navi is right on both accounts. Jailbreaking software is technically "free" although it is a common courtesy to donate for each tool that is released. i'm afraid you fell for one of the biggest scams out there. might be a good idea to notify your bank or credit card co. about them to stop any future transactions

if you would like a list of hackers to follow (twitter and blogs) we can provide you with that. otherwise if you just keep an eye on any reputable site (this one is fine) they will keep you up to date. which by the way the 5.1.1 Untethered jailbreak should be released in a week or so
    05-19-2012 09:03 AM
    Just on this - I went to them first, but I checked that my phone was jailbreakable first. Then I realised all the software was freely available afterwards.

Keep emailing them and you will get a reply - They are just slow.

Note you pay for a ONE TIME membership to use all there software that they have available, not a jailbreak.

I'm not sticking up for them - It's just I went there first when I needed to jailbreak, so I have a little experience.

You should be able to get a refund, but just keep trying.
    05-19-2012 09:16 AM
    I need to unlock my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 [like so many others, it's tied down by AT&Ts incredibly indecisive rules about unlocking - As I live in the UK, dealing with AT&T anymore is pretty much out of the question]. If I used the tethered jailbreak, would I then be able to unlock it and then remove the jailbreak since I just need it for the unlocking, or do I need to keep it jailbroken forever? Would everyone recommend I just wait for the exciting new untethered version that's due for release at any moment?

Hope that isn't confusing...I find I am very confused. If there are any directions someone recommends for unlocking post-jailbreak, I'd very much appreciate that as well! Thank you!
    05-21-2012 02:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD