Can I jailbreak 5.1.1?

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
bought my iphone 4 the other day and when i activated it i updated to 5.1.1 not knowing there wasnt a untethered jailbreak for it......or is there? i been doing some research and some places say there is untethered and some places say there isnt.....i just want a straight answer cuz i would like to JB my phone......can anyone shed some light on if there is a untethered jailbreak available and if not when will it become available

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
There is, however, a tethered jailbreak for 5.1.1 Pre-A5(X) devices using redsn0w

Also, @pod2g does have a 5.1.1 UNtethered in the works

Reactions: kingofny#IM

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
ok that helps thank you.......i wanna try untethered but im skeptical if im out and about and my phone is about to die and i plug it into a reg wall charger do i need to connect it to a computer and tether again or as long as it just doesnt die ill be ok?

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
You'll only have to plug into the computer if you need to reset/reboot or battery completely dies out. Basically, if you turn the phone off for any reason you'll then have to reboot it from the computer you JB'd from with a tethered JB.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Reactions: kingofny#IM

yuane1966

May 14, 2012
Visit site
i wanna try untethered but im skeptical if im out and about and my phone is about to die and i plug it into a reg wall charger do i need to connect it to a computer and tether again or as long as it just doesnt die ill be ok?

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
i wanna try untethered but im skeptical if im out and about and my phone is about to die and i plug it into a reg wall charger do i need to connect it to a computer and tether again or as long as it just doesnt die ill be ok?

Should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
im trying to do the tethered JB but after identifying and going through the 1st and 2nd stage my phone reboots and redsn0w will just say "waiting for reboot' and will do nothing ive tried 0.9.10b6 and 0.9.11b4 and the same thing happens anyone know why?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

No it will charge fine. Thing is just don't turn it off.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I assume you don't have SHSH blobs saved so you can downgrade to 5.0.1? Looks like it'll be a couple weeks and the new untethered JB will be ours.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
im trying to do the tethered JB but after identifying and going through the 1st and 2nd stage my phone reboots and redsn0w will just say "waiting for reboot' and will do nothing ive tried 0.9.10b6 and 0.9.11b4 and the same thing happens anyone know why?

You're trying it on an iPhone 4 or 4S?

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
i got it to work but went back to stock....the only reason i wanted to jailbreak was because of siri and it doesnt work on 5.1.1.....thanks for everything

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox