Hi Guys,

Have any of you come across this. In Cydia on my phone I have SHSH: IOS 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.
    I've been previously jailboken on 4.3.5 and now 5.0.1, but NEVER on 5.1 or even had 5.1 on my phone.

Any ideas how an earth it got there. My understanding was that you had to be jailboken on that version of IOS for Cydia to capture you SHSH blob files.

It was there about 2-3 weeks after 5.1 had been released. Is this weird or am I missing something?

Thanks!!
    05-12-2012 06:27 AM
    Not really sure, just looked at my cydia and it says the same thing and i am on 5.1.1. I am thinking that my case is in part of the jb
    05-12-2012 07:44 AM
    Cydia and tiny umbrella save the blobs for all OS that can be currently signed, whether you're on it or not. So this is normal.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    05-12-2012 07:49 AM
    Ah that makes sense. My brother is on 5.0 and he had trouble at first then cydia updated and said 5.1 he questioned me and i could not answer him. will let him know right away.
    05-12-2012 07:56 AM
    Cydia and tiny umbrella save the blobs for all OS that can be currently signed, whether you're on it or not. So this is normal.

But I have never jailbroken my phone on 5.1 or even updated??
    05-12-2012 09:22 AM
    Doesn't matter, as long as you were jailbroken when 5.1 was being signed. What is ON your device DOESN'T MATTER.
    05-12-2012 10:11 AM
    Thank you Massie.

05-12-2012 10:27 AM
    Can anyone tell me if an internet connection is require on the computer when doing a tethered reboot? i could not find anything on it.
    05-12-2012 11:09 AM
    Doesn't matter, as long as you were jailbroken when 5.1 was being signed. What is ON your device DOESN'T MATTER.
    Thanks Massie, that explains it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-12-2012 01:09 PM
    Also on the shsh note, you can save your blobs even if your not jailbroken using tiny umbrella, correct???
    05-12-2012 03:39 PM
    Also on the shsh note, you can save your blobs even if your not jailbroken using tiny umbrella, correct???
    Yes. But currently tinyumbrella only supports 5.1 and below.

05-12-2012 04:37 PM
    Actually, it was updated recently for 5.1.1:
    TinyUmbrella 5.11.00 out with support for iOS 5.1.1
    05-12-2012 07:00 PM
    If SHSH blobs are automatically saved, how can I access them if I'm not jail broken anymore?
    05-12-2012 07:28 PM
    Actually, it was updated recently for 5.1.1:
    TinyUmbrella 5.11.00 out with support for iOS 5.1.1
    This is great news. I'll update when I get home. Thanks for the heads up Massie!

05-12-2012 07:57 PM
    If SHSH blobs are automatically saved, how can I access them if I'm not jail broken anymore?
    Tinyumbrella works for both stock and jailbroken phones. You can also use redsn0w to verify the blobs saved on Cydia. Just plug in your phone, open redsn0w and go to extras--shsh--query to check which blobs cydia has for you.

05-12-2012 07:58 PM
    Tinyumbrella works for both stock and jailbroken phones. You can also use redsn0w to verify the blobs saved on Cydia. Just plug in your phone, open redsn0w and go to extras--shsh--query to check which blobs cydia has for you.

I used absinthe for my 4S. Would i still connect it to redsn0w to check?
    05-12-2012 08:01 PM
    When redsn0w asks for the "ECID" of the device, exactly what is that?

Edit: Never mind. I found the ECID and when redsn0w checked Cydia for its blobs, it didn't find anything. I guess those 2 months I was jail broken it never automatically saved them.
    Last edited by forever29; 05-12-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    05-12-2012 08:09 PM
    Okay. Hoping someone can walk me through this. I used TinyUmbrella and it did indeed find my blobs on Cydia. How do I restore the blob? With TU or redsn0w?
    05-12-2012 08:42 PM
    Okay. Hoping someone can walk me through this. I used TinyUmbrella and it did indeed find my blobs on Cydia. How do I restore the blob? With TU or redsn0w?
    First, what OS do you want to put on your iPhone 4s and what blobs are saved--they should be labeled for iOS 5.0.1, 5.0.1b etc)?

(Blobs are what makes your OS install valid. You don't restore to them. They're more like a PIN than anything.)

05-12-2012 09:18 PM
    First, what OS do you want to put on your iPhone 4s and what blobs are saved--they should be labeled for iOS 5.0.1, 5.0.1b etc)?

(Blobs are what makes your OS install valid. You don't restore to them. They're more like a PIN than anything.)

Want to restore to 5.0.1b I have the IPSW on file now.
    05-12-2012 09:21 PM
    Okay. What you need to do is get the beta redsn0w (dev team blog ) and follow the instructions there or in the thread I made about it.

Make sure you have both the 5.0.1b AND 5.1.1 firmwares downloaded. You need both to do this.

In short, here's what to do. Open tinyumbrella and click advanced. See where it saved your blobs locally? Use the file browser on your computer to go to that folder. Copy the 5.0.1b shsh blob onto the desktop. Make sure your host file is NOT pointing to Cydia. Next, open the beta redsn0w and go to extras-shsh-verify Select the local shsh you pasted onto the desktop. It should say 19/19 blobs verified and that the ap ticket is present. If you do not have both, stop now. You cannot downgrade.

Next, back up your phone. Then leave it plugged in and go back to redsn0w. Navigate to extras-even more -restore. This is the easy part. Click on the first button and select the 5.0.1b firmware. Then when prompted to, select the 5.1.1 firmware. Next click the button for local blobs and pick the file you copied to the desktop. Then sit back and wait.

You may get a couple errors. I got one at the end, but my phone did reboot successfully and I was downgraded. Good luck!

BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    05-12-2012 10:10 PM
    Okay. What you need to do is get the beta redsn0w (dev team blog ) and follow the instructions there or in the thread I made about it.

Make sure you have both the 5.0.1b AND 5.1.1 firmwares downloaded. You need both to do this.

In short, here's what to do. Open tinyumbrella and click advanced. See where it saved your blobs locally? Use the file browser on your computer to go to that folder. Copy the 5.0.1b shsh blob onto the desktop. Make sure your host file is NOT pointing to Cydia. Next, open the beta redsn0w and go to extras-shsh-verify Select the local shsh you pasted onto the desktop. It should say 19/19 blobs verified and that the ap ticket is present. If you do not have both, stop now. You cannot downgrade.

Next, back up your phone. Then leave it plugged in and go back to redsn0w. Navigate to extras-even more -restore. This is the easy part. Click on the first button and select the 5.0.1b firmware. Then when prompted to, select the 5.1.1 firmware. Next click the button for local blobs and pick the file you copied to the desktop. Then sit back and wait.

You may get a couple errors. I got one at the end, but my phone did reboot successfully and I was downgraded. Good luck!

I can't thank you enough for this. I'm in the middle of the restore and all seems to be going smooth. I could kiss you And I could also kiss Saurik for being wise enough to automatically save our blobs while jailbroken for dummies like myself that didn't even bother to do it on their own.
    Laelipoo likes this.
    05-12-2012 10:31 PM
    I can't thank you enough for this. I'm in the middle of the restore and all seems to be going smooth. I could kiss you And I could also kiss Saurik for being wise enough to automatically save our blobs while jailbroken for dummies like myself that didn't even bother to do it on their own.
    I'm glad it's going well from you (I also find it sad that I typed that whole thing out from memory, but that's another story). And I do agree--Cydia making my life easier is so, so awesome.

Enjoy the jailbreak!
    05-12-2012 10:36 PM
    Oh snap I thought i screwed up but I successfully downgraded down to 5.1 from 5.1.1
    05-13-2012 02:14 AM
    I always use tinyumbrella to save SHSH blobs. It will save them all of them possible at the time. Then you know you have them available.
    05-13-2012 11:55 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD