iPad - User Profiles

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peps,

Has anyone had any experience with the above, as this is something I'm going to want to have running on my iPad as soon as it gets jailboken as I have a family of 4 (two children and a Mrs that wants to use all the time till she gets her own) that all use my new iPad.

From what I can see, there are 2 main ones. One has already been released, been out for sometime (doesn't look IOS 5 compatible??) and it is called iProfiles:

iUsers frees your iPad of monogamy, enables multiple user profiles -- Engadget

This only looks partly separate from other users, so you still share music, apps and the main things. But for example if you where playing Angry Birds under two different profiles as two different player, the scores would be separate, if you know what I mean. I didn't explain that very well.

Then secondly, there is something called User Profiles, it has been released in BETA to iron out bugs, etc. This looks really good!!:

User Profiles for iPad: User Switching and Multiple Accounts for iOS | nowsci.com

I'm keen to know as much as I can about this because it will be a big thing in my family and less arguing between the children. lol. I would love to have this working properly.

Any comments and feedback would be great. Of course if anyone has tried either, comments and feedback there would be well appreciated.

Also if this interests any of you, there is the possibility to try User Profiles in a public BETA and try it out of course.

Cheers guys ;)