Any apps/tweaks that let me text from my (wifi only) iPad through my iPhone? Id like for the conversations to show up on my iPhone (preferably in the messages app), and for the receiver to see my number on their phone. Any ideas?
    05-07-2012 09:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure imessage shows up like that right?
    05-07-2012 06:35 PM
    Yes it does but the ID on the iPad shows the email not the iPhone number the recipient would have to message the email address for it to go to both devices if they message the iPhone number it won't go to the iPad

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-07-2012 06:41 PM
    iMessage does. However, if the recipient doesn't have an iMessage account then its a no go. Perhaps the rosenstar is looking for a universal method?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    05-07-2012 09:05 PM
    iMessage does. However, if the recipient doesn't have an iMessage account then its a no go. Perhaps the rosenstar is looking for a universal method?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    Correct. Also, from what I understand, if you're using a wifi only iPad, there is no number assigned, so there is no phone number to show up when you imessage someone. Instead of a phone number, your apple ID shows up.
    05-07-2012 11:37 PM
    Correct. Also, from what I understand, if you're using a wifi only iPad, there is no number assigned, so there is no phone number to show up when you imessage someone. Instead of a phone number, your apple ID shows up.
    Unfortunately that's exactly how mine works. It just shows my iMessage id or my name - contact info (if they have it).

I don't know of anyway to send a text message from a wifi only iPad through your iPhone. I see how that could be useful tho.
    05-07-2012 11:52 PM
    I have no idea if this will work, but try WiFiSMS. It's designed to work on a computer, but iPad's Safari might be compatible as well. Also I'm not sure if the messages will go through as iMessage or SMS only.
    05-08-2012 03:44 PM
    I have no idea if this will work, but try WiFiSMS. It's designed to work on a computer, but iPad's Safari might be compatible as well. Also I'm not sure if the messages will go through as iMessage or SMS only.
    I like this idea. Any wifisms toggles for ncsettings?
    05-09-2012 11:22 AM
    I use a combo of Text+ and BiteSMS, Text+ gives you a phone # so I forward my texts in BiteSMS (on my iPhone)to the Text+ number (on iPad). That way the sender doesn't need Text+ installed and you can reply to their phone #. I only use this to text non-iOS devices. Once someone has texted you you will have them in your convo list in Text+ and can stop using BiteSMS to forward texts. The easiest thing to do is tell your friends to buy a iPhone and use iMessage.
    05-17-2012 12:24 AM
    I use a combo of Text+ and BiteSMS, Text+ gives you a phone # so I forward my texts in BiteSMS (on my iPhone)to the Text+ number (on iPad). That way the sender doesn't need Text+ installed and you can reply to their phone #. I only use this to text non-iOS devices. Once someone has texted you you will have them in your convo list in Text+ and can stop using BiteSMS to forward texts.
    can you do this with the free version of text+? How do you tell your phone to forward messages? Is it a setting in Bite?

The easiest thing to do is tell your friends to buy a iPhone and use iMessage.
    No, tried that, not easy at all...
    05-17-2012 10:25 AM
    Yes the free version of Text+ works but has ads. There is a setting in bite to forward texts.
    05-17-2012 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD