Ipod 4g is stuck, pc wont recognize ipod anymore

Regret

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

first of all I must say that I'm fairly new to this and will not necessarily be able to understand every used term, although I will try to look it up in the Terms A - Z Thread :)
Now to the problem:
I tried downgrading my iPod 4g from iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1. because I wanted to jailbreak it.
I already had it jailbreaked (untethered) before i upgraded to 5.1, not knowing that there currently is no untethered jailbreak for 5.1. However, I used sn0wbreeze with iFaith and all went well, until it came to recover it using iTunes. This failed with an error (it might have been 1608, but I'm not sure) and ever since my ipod is stuck with the sn0wbreeze logo and neither iTunes nor TinyUmbrella recognizes the iPod, but the "USB Device connected"-Sound plays whenever I connect the iPod to my PC.
I really hope someone can help me since I haven't found any solutions after searching on my own.
Thanks in advance

Regret

EDIT:
would it be a problem if my iPod ran out of power?
Or is there a chance that this could fix the problem?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that once you've upgraded iOS, you cannot downgrade or there are risks to downgrading. I'm not jailbroken so my response may be a bit ignorant.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Reactions: Regret

Regret

May 5, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that once you've upgraded iOS, you cannot downgrade or there are risks to downgrading. I'm not jailbroken so my response may be a bit ignorant.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Thank you for your opinion :D

Anyway, I fixed it after i tried to put it in recovery mode several times and it eventually worked :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh