OK, so I'm trying to achieve a minimalist look on my iPhone and would like to have the statusbar hold items only when I have to deal with them.

Since I'm on WiFi 90% of the time I don't want that icon cluttering the statusbar. On the other hand I wish to be notified when I'm not on WiFi (perhaps the router went down?). I've tried a few statusbar managers (Clean Status, Springtomize 2) but they only allow you to hide all connection type icons.

Is there a tweak that lets me do that?

On the other hand I've been looking for a manual way to change the icon to transparent. With iOS 5 it seems that all statusbar icons are bundled in a 10MB .ARTWORK file. Any ideas on how to extract and edit those?
    05-02-2012 05:58 AM
    Oooopsie daisey
    05-02-2012 05:00 PM
    OK, so I'm trying to achieve a minimalist look on my iPhone and would like to have the statusbar hold items only when I have to deal with them.

Since I'm on WiFi 90% of the time I don't want that icon cluttering the statusbar. On the other hand I wish to be notified when I'm not on WiFi (perhaps the router went down?). I've tried a few statusbar managers (Clean Status, Springtomize 2) but they only allow you to hide all connection type icons.

Is there a tweak that lets me do that?

On the other hand I've been looking for a manual way to change the icon to transparent. With iOS 5 it seems that all statusbar icons are bundled in a 10MB .ARTWORK file. Any ideas on how to extract and edit those?
    Ask Massie on here.. he made a BlackStatusIcon them that changes the status bar... I'm sure he can point you in the right direction on making a custom status bar theme...
    05-02-2012 06:17 PM
    Transparent one is pretty easy, BUT you'll still have a space where it usually would appear. To get it, just use this theme folder (attached) but first go in and change the images to transparent using Photoshop or something similar; just keep the file names the same. Once that's done just drop it into Winterboard and enable it.

(I'm surprised Springtomize doesn't offer this...I saw that it has signal bars listed, but is that just for the cell signal?)
    iDonev likes this.
    05-02-2012 10:32 PM
    Replace the default wifi bar file in the filesystem with a small transparent one.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    05-02-2012 10:48 PM
    Yeah, that's the other thing - can I replace it with a 1x1 pixel icon? That way the gap won't be terribly huge.
    05-03-2012 04:39 AM
    Try it out; just remember to replace all of them with the same image. My guess is that even if it works you'll still have the padding on either side of the image creating space, but it shouldn't be too bad.
    05-03-2012 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD