1. friskies64's Avatar
    I have a new bootrom 3GS with iOS 5.0.1 and the Corona untethered jailbreak. I don't always restart or turn off my phone much, but when I do, it takes a long time to start up compared to 3GS videos I've seen (I saw a video that was about 30 seconds compared to 1 minute and 20 second start up time on my phone) online. In addition it only starts up successfully about 25% of the time. For the other 75% of start up attempts, it gets stuck on the Apple logo and I have to hold the home and powers buttons to reset it. Because of the unreliable boot, I often have to repeat this reset step multiple times to get it to turn on. Is this normal behavior for the Corona untether?
    04-29-2012 01:00 AM
  2. iDonev's Avatar
    I experienced the same thing. Then I jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.10b5 which incorporates the untethered jailbreak and now all is well in the world
    04-29-2012 07:04 AM
  3. friskies64's Avatar
    I experienced the same thing. Then I jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.10b5 which incorporates the untethered jailbreak and now all is well in the world
    I used Snowbreeze which also incorporates the untethered jailbreak. From my understanding, I have to use Snowbreeze because it preserves the baseband so I can use my phone on T-Mobile. Am I understanding it correctly or is there another way?
    04-29-2012 12:48 PM
  4. iDonev's Avatar
    You can create a no-baseband firmwares with redsn0w as well. It's in the Extras section.

    Anyway, tough the situation out if you can (try keeping your phone from dying). If it ever gets too much, try jailbreaking with redsn0w.
    04-30-2012 06:59 AM
  5. friskies64's Avatar
    You can create a no-baseband firmwares with redsn0w as well. It's in the Extras section.

    Anyway, tough the situation out if you can (try keeping your phone from dying). If it ever gets too much, try jailbreaking with redsn0w.
    Do I have to restore my phone to do it with redsn0w? I heard that SAM no longer works for activations. If this is true, I won't be able to activate my phone on T-Mobile if I restore. I currently used ultrasn0w to unlock and then SAM for activating.
    04-30-2012 06:05 PM
  6. iDonev's Avatar
    Do I have to restore my phone to do it with redsn0w? I heard that SAM no longer works for activations. If this is true, I won't be able to activate my phone on T-Mobile if I restore. I currently used ultrasn0w to unlock and then SAM for activating.
    Yes, you'd have to restore if you'll use redsn0w's custom firmwares.
    As far as SAM is concerned: I am unclear on that. I know it doesn't work for unlocks, but activations are a grey area to me.
    05-01-2012 02:03 PM
  7. friskies64's Avatar
    Yes, you'd have to restore if you'll use redsn0w's custom firmwares.
    As far as SAM is concerned: I am unclear on that. I know it doesn't work for unlocks, but activations are a grey area to me.
    I found something about backing up activation tickets and I backed up mine, but I don't how how to use the file I got from it. I'd like to get the issue solved by trying the redsn0w file, but if I can't activate my phone, I won't be able to use it anymore on T-Mobile. It's quite a dilemma. Would it be easier if I iMessage'd you?
    05-01-2012 06:45 PM
  8. iDonev's Avatar
    Would it be easier if I iMessage'd you?
    Sure, go ahaead
    05-02-2012 07:33 AM
  9. friskies64's Avatar
    Okay, it was working for a while, but now when I reboot occaisionally, I lose the jailbreak (and therefore, the unlock that I need). I used iFaith with my 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs and APTicket to make a custom firmware. Then, I used the latest redsn0w to jailbreak (includes untethered jailbreak).
    05-05-2012 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD