1. sherlock's Avatar
    Pod2g (the genius behind Absinthe) has a poll up on his blog asking the following:

    Should hackers continue work on and push out the iOS 5.1 jailbreak releasing it as soon as its done - OR - should they wait for iOS 6?

    If it is out before iOS 6, the exploits will certainly be patched in the new software and it's back to the beginning. With WWDC just a little over a month away iOS6 could be just around the corner.
    04-26-2012 06:57 PM
  2. kshen1's Avatar
    Push it out. Waiting has never worked out before :/
    04-26-2012 10:17 PM
  3. Appleshampoo's Avatar
    i agree. push it out now imo
    04-26-2012 10:32 PM
  4. jwilson2304's Avatar
    Push it out NOW ! Please !
    04-27-2012 12:10 PM
  5. j7469's Avatar
    I'd wait. Who knows how long it could take for someone to find another exploit. I'd say wait and if iOS 6 fixed it then release it for everyone who doesn't upgrade on 5.1x
    04-27-2012 03:42 PM
  6. nfrederick's Avatar
    My glass recently broke and Apple was kind enough to just swap me out for a different phone. Only bad thing about that is the new phone was running 5.1. That newsstand icon is making me crazy, only way that can be gotten rid of is jailbreak. I voted to release.
    04-28-2012 10:06 AM
  7. djg21's Avatar
    Release it.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-28-2012 07:19 PM
  8. iVazz's Avatar
    Release. I want to jailbreak already.

    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    04-28-2012 07:58 PM
  9. EmceeGeek's Avatar
    Push. I hated the wait they did with 5.0.1. even though I am jb'n I'd like to update to 5.1.
    04-29-2012 12:11 AM
  10. sherlock's Avatar
    You have 2 more days to voice your opinion. So far it looks like 62% of the votes are for releasing a jailbreak before iOS6 comes out. You can vote HERE.

    The thing is that releasing an iOS 5.1 jailbreak, which was a minor upgrade from 5.0.1, will result in these exploits being patched in iOS 6. If iOS 6 actually has additional features we might have to choose between iOS6 and our tweaks. I voted to hold pat and own 6.
    04-30-2012 11:00 PM
  11. steve395's Avatar
    Send it Out!
    05-01-2012 06:04 AM
  12. Lenerdosy's Avatar
    Anything useful on 5.1 over 5.0.1 really? I'm on 4s so I'm still at 5.0.1 anyways.
    05-01-2012 07:43 AM
  13. 1982ollie's Avatar
    I voted to release now!! I have a 4S and a new ipad in the family that need jailbreaking asap!!
    05-01-2012 11:04 AM