Weigh in on releasing the next jailbreak.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Pod2g (the genius behind Absinthe) has a poll up on his blog asking the following:

Should hackers continue work on and push out the iOS 5.1 jailbreak releasing it as soon as it?s done - OR - should they wait for iOS 6?

If it is out before iOS 6, the exploits will certainly be patched in the new software and it's back to the beginning. With WWDC just a little over a month away iOS6 could be just around the corner.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I'd wait. Who knows how long it could take for someone to find another exploit. I'd say wait and if iOS 6 fixed it then release it for everyone who doesn't upgrade on 5.1x

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
My glass recently broke and Apple was kind enough to just swap me out for a different phone. Only bad thing about that is the new phone was running 5.1. That newsstand icon is making me crazy, only way that can be gotten rid of is jailbreak. I voted to release.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You have 2 more days to voice your opinion. So far it looks like 62% of the votes are for releasing a jailbreak before iOS6 comes out. You can vote HERE.

The thing is that releasing an iOS 5.1 jailbreak, which was a minor upgrade from 5.0.1, will result in these exploits being patched in iOS 6. If iOS 6 actually has additional features we might have to choose between iOS6 and our tweaks. I voted to hold pat and own 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2