Hello,

My iphone 4 has ios 4.3.1 Jailbroken, and I would like to reset it (as it is locked to turbosim) and upgrade to 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak.

Is there any way to do this?

Worst case, I can always reset to factory settings on ios 5.1 but from what I understand the jailbreak is still tethered.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from the experts.

Captoon
    04-26-2012 07:01 AM
    No way to do it if you restore it will update to the newest iOS 5.1
    04-26-2012 07:24 AM
    Hello,

My iphone 4 has ios 4.3.1 Jailbroken, and I would like to reset it (as it is locked to turbosim) and upgrade to 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak.

Is there any way to do this?

Worst case, I can always reset to factory settings on ios 5.1 but from what I understand the jailbreak is still tethered.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from the experts.

Captoon
    If you want to stay jailbroken, then stay with 4.3.1. If you not that fussed, then upgrade. Of course you can still jailbreak with the latest version of redsn0w, but it will be tethered. Personally I can live with a tethered jailbreak and have done before, as I manage my power well and charge at home and work. So it never dies.

You can't get to 5.0.1 as you have to have your shsh blob files saved from a previous jailbreak with that version and I guessing you don't have those.

So I would upgrade and live with the tethered jailbreak, just don't let it die!!

Of course an un-tethered jailbreak is always the best!!
    04-26-2012 01:48 PM
    Thanks Guys.

Ok, I so I did the upgrade, and I am not on 5.1 Tethered Jailbroken.

Now, I have another issue.

The phone is locked to some spanish carrier I think..

Model: MC603Y

I tried SAMprefs and its saying : Activation reports Error: Actionalinfo rejected. You must select the original carrier SIMID of your phone.

Problem is I have no idea what the name of the carrier is.

Any ideas what can be done?

THanks.
    Captoon
    04-26-2012 04:44 PM
    It looks like apple is closing the SAM unlock. Have a look. They are saying it might be hit and miss from now on.
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/04...er-fix-unlock/

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2012 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD