Installing Spite (siri for iPhone 4) messed phone up

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've been posting in the siri forum on here as well, but I thought I would come and share my experience here too. :mad::mad:

Basically I installed this Spite (Details in siri forum) and when Cydia went to re boot, my phone hung with the apple boot logo. Just like it was a tethered jailbreak. So I tried redsn0w (latest version) to do a just boot and I couldn?t as it was recognising my iPhone 4 as a 4S, so it wouldn?t let my use it.

So I tried a redsn0w version down (b5) and used just boot in extra's and it got me back into my phone. Siri was in my settings menu. So, I thought I would remove it as already things didn't look good.

So I uninstalled and my phone rebooted properly however my location services where all messes up. Here is what has happen:

"I have worked out why I have a content purple location arrow. If I go to time settings and take off set automatically. It goes away, but this wasn't like this before.

Under location settings, then in the system services it has moved two of them out of system services into the main part of location services. So because setting the time automatically always uses your location, that is why i have the constant purple location arrow all the time because it is normally in the system services part (where there should be 5, now there is 3) and below is a toggle switch which is set to off so that when system services are using your location, the arrow doesn't come up otherwise it would be constantly on for setting the time. What ever it has messed it all up big time. So i thought I would just explain it to you all.

Does anyone know if I can do a restore back to 5.0.1 without having to mess around to much. My host file does point to Cydia?? Will it be just as simple as having to hit shift & restore in iTunes??

Or shall I just carry on as I am and wait for the un-tethered 5.1 jailbreak to be released, as from what I hear it isn't far away now?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a reason Spite is in beta.

I too tried it out some time ago - I didn't have that much troubles, but I did have spontaneous resprings whenever the phone ran out of memory (using a 3GS).

Anyway, even if you have SHSH saved for 5.0.1 in Cydia, it won't work. You need iFaith blobs in order to downgrade. I haven't had a chance to read up on it, but basically with iOS 5 and onward you need both the SHSH and APTicket in order to downgrade and (as far as I understand) Cydia only saved SHSH.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I got confused a bit - right now are you running 5.1 or 5.0.1?

If you're on 5.0.1 go get iFaith and get your blobs. Then create a *signed* 5.0.1 firmware and restore to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1982ollie

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I got confused a bit - right now are you running 5.1 or 5.0.1?

If you're on 5.0.1 go get iFaith and get your blobs. Then create a *signed* 5.0.1 firmware and restore to it.

I'm still running 5.0.1. So I'll create a signed firmware. Not tried this before. But need to learn somehow. Ok, I'll give it a try. Cheers!!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still running 5.0.1. So I'll create a signed firmware. Not tried this before. But need to learn somehow. Ok, I'll give it a try. Cheers!!

Then you're in the clear, since iFaith fetches the info that is already on your device, it doesn't depend on Apple still signing the firmware (that's how I got my 5.0 blobs when Apple has already released 5.0.1)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2