Should I jailbreak my phone when I get it?

finalcross0ver

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Im going to get my very first iphone this month!!:D:D:D And i just wanted to know what you guys think about jailbreaking it as soon as i get it. I've never jailbroken an iphone before (obviously since this is my first) BUT my last itouch was jailbroken by someone else So im familiar with its operation.Im pretty tech savvy (rookie at best) so i dont think i'd have trouble doing it. The question is should i?:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If this is your "first iPhone", how do you know that you won't like it as-is when you get it? Personally, I'd recommend that you, at least, use it as-is for about a week to see if it suits your needs. If after a week or so you find that it does not then jailbreak it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

finalcross0ver

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Good point! I know I'll love the phone as is, Ive used it via friend for a while now (im the stand alone schmuck still using this no accnt. blackberry):mad: ... phew anyway lol i moreso want to jailbreak it for the themes and the functionality. I know once I get into the groove of using it and dwnloading things Ill probably be twice as leery to jailbreak it for fear of bricking it OR losing all my info. even tho ive researched and I know the measures and precautions to take. Part of my logic is... if i jailbreak it when i first;) get it and it bricks or anything ill still have my 30day window to take it back get another annnd start from scratch lol!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had an iPhone for about 4-years now. I have not JB it yet. I was close this time as there are some great ways to make your phone YOURS with a JB. Ignoring the fact I do testing for Apple so I would have to keep one phone stock, I still don't JB. Simple reason is the fact when the next iOS comes out or any update I would lose my JB and have to do it again and start over with the custom settings.

Seems like FUN and COOL, but when it comes down to it my iPhone does what it needs to do better than anything else I ever owned. To change it for some bells and whistles to make things Cooler and a bit more useful and special is not worth it to me personally.

Just my 1 1/2 cents worth.

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The 4s was my first iPhone....was scared to JB....Loved it when I did until it stopped connecting to itunes....restored it back and its perfectly fine...Not a major issue but not worth the aggravation....doubt id do it again....mainly miss being able to move icons anywhere on the screen....but I'll deal

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i jailbroke my iphone days after i got it. it was cool how you could customize things and all, but my battery life took a beating. also, my biggest issue was trying to update it when 5.1 came out. itunes wouldnt talk to the correct servers and i had to wipe the phone, fix my windows hosts files that tiny umbrella and cydia messed with etc. what a hassle. after a few attempts and a couple of brickings, i finally got it to update. for me, as cool as it was, it just wasnt worth it to me in the end.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
All of my iPhones have been Jb. I love the tweaks and extra bells and whistles but that's just me. I know a few people who feel the exact same though.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Its well worth it, but just do plenty of research. Remember to back up before you do something major and you'll be fine. My phone does everything I want it to!! Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2