using this code to toggle the mono audio setting only partially works:

When I press the toggle button, the option in the Accessibility menu changes to the new value, but it doesn't actually do anything to the music. If I change the option from the settings menu it works fine again, it seems that the menu does more than just toggle a plist entry to "yes" or "no".

Can anyone give me any tips?

Code:
    void setState(BOOL Enable)
    {
    	NSMutableDictionary *plistDict = [NSMutableDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfFile:@"/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Accessibility.plist"];
    	if (Enable) 
    	{
    		[plistDict setValue:[NSNumber numberWithBool:YES] forKey:@"MonoAudioEnabled"];
    		[plistDict writeToFile:@"/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Accessibility.plist" atomically: YES];
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		[plistDict setValue:[NSNumber numberWithBool:NO] forKey:@"MonoAudioEnabled"];
    		[plistDict writeToFile:@"/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Accessibility.plist" atomically: YES];
    	}
    }
    General Bison likes this.
    04-13-2012 05:59 PM
    I am also interested in creating a toggle like this (though I have very little C experience).

How you have progressed with this project? Were you ever able to find a solution?
    08-08-2012 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD