Hi,

I have a 3GS and I just downgraded via iTunes to 4.1 with no errors with our doing any apart from that. No messing around with shsh blods files or making custom firmwares. So just downloaded 4.1 (because I thought it was jailbroken on this before, its showed 4.1 on cydia's homescreen) and I was running 5.1.

How come this worked so early, can anyone tell me.

The main thing that Im trying to find out is what is the maximum (highest) IOS version I can downgrade to this easy with an iTunes restore without errors.

Thanks for your helps guys.
    04-12-2012 01:25 PM
    You should've gotten a 3914 error.
    The reason you didn't is because:
    a) you have modified your hosts file and forgotten about it.
    b) you have TinyUmbrella point iTunes to Cydia's servers and forgotten about it.

In theory all of the firmwares listed in Cydia should go through the same error-less procedure.
    04-13-2012 06:57 AM
    You should've gotten a 3914 error.
    The reason you didn't is because:
    a) you have modified your hosts file and forgotten about it.
    b) you have TinyUmbrella point iTunes to Cydia's servers and forgotten about it.

In theory all of the firmwares listed in Cydia should go through the same error-less procedure.
    I modified my host file. Is this why it worked then? Didn't use tiny umbrella?

Thanks IDonev!
    04-17-2012 02:57 PM
    I modified my host file. Is this why it worked then? Didn't use tiny umbrella?

Thanks IDonev!
    That's the reason then

iTunes was checking with Cydia's servers for firmware authentication, not with Apple's.
    1982ollie likes this.
    04-18-2012 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD