iphone restarts itself at random

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
this started about a week ago. my initial thought was the battery so i brought a new one and fitted it (i am a fairly good electrician and techy afterall). however this didnt fix the issue. i did a little research and a few people were saying that they were having this trouble with ios 5.0.1 and that upgrading to ios 5.1 seemed to fix it, so i tried that but it seemed to make it worse. the phone starts up and i can use it for about a minute or 2 but then it turns itself off and back on again. i'v tried a number of different things like cleaning the power button, fully restoring it, but nothing seems to work. its an iphone 3gs btw.

any ideas what it could be? or how i can fix it?

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i think it might be the HDD like a loose connection or its starting to corrupt or something... anyone wanna give their views on wether it could or couldnt be this?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had something similar happen on my iPhone 4, I took it to the genius bar and they replaced it. Since your 3gs is no longer under warranty they still may replace it for you for $149.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
After 1 to 2 minutes, all regular processes should have loaded, but the internals are still warming up so it could be a hardware / thermal expansion / connection issue. Why not sell it as broke on eBay and upgrade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this with a few devices people have brought in (specifically the 3GS) - unfortunately it normally ends up being a logic board issue.

First and foremost, make sure everything has a secure connection to the logic board. Sometimes a component being not secured completely can cause this. Another culprit you may want to consider is the dock connector assembly. If it's not receiving a proper charge or it's malfunctioning, it can cause the battery to read wrong.

If none of that works, I'd say the logic board is going bad.

Isaac George

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
my iPhone 4 just randomly turned off but when i put it in the charger it was 100% battery life, however it was back to its default settings and set-up, does this mean i have lost everything? and it wont let me do anything, if you know what to do that would be great,
regards isaac

mas bro

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
same happen with me bro :/ , im so dissapointed, the applestore in my country give option restore in itunes or change the iphone, but takes 3 months and no guarannte it will work :/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2