Random Apps get into Waiting mode, with no reason

WesleydeSouza

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I've recently jailbroken my iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 in order to use activator, but I'm having two problems:

• For no apparent reason, a lot or a few apps go into the Waiting... state, there are no updates for them, they just get in the state. If I tap one of them most of the times they all go back to normal instantly.
  • When I'm asked to put my password to upgrade apps, seconds after the popup appears there is another one saying that one app and lots of others cannot be updated right now. Thing is none of those have updates.

I didn't find anything on the Internet about these issues, just solutions to connectivity problems, but this is a bug. Anyone knows what this is and how can I fix it?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I also get the one saying that an app cannot be updated/purchased right now. When it also has no update available. This only happens to me when I am updating or buying an app from the app store. Really a minor thing for me and I just figured it has to do with having Update Hider installed.

WesleydeSouza

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I also get the one saying that an app cannot be updated/purchased right now. When it also has no update available. This only happens to me when I am updating or buying an app from the app store. Really a minor thing for me and I just figured it has to do with having Update Hider installed.

Please note I don't have Update Hider installed, the only package that could interfere with the installation process was AccountChanger and I have just removed it. Unfortunately I don't remember when the issue started, but I will update the thread if it is resolved.

For now this is what is installed here, besides the default/core packages:
  • Activator
  • Camera Grabber
  • Cyntact
  • iFile
  • SBSettings
  • SwipeShiftCaret

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
I'm not jail broken at all, but I've seen the "app cannot be purchased" prompt occasionally. I guess it's something on iTunes side.
I've also seen my very own AppSwitch app going into "Waiting" mode, especially if I'm updating another app. Tapping on it does nothing, but it goes away after a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2