need advice - new to iphone world

salukibrandon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I finally decided to come over to the iphone world from the Droid world and have a couple of questions in the process. It looks like to me the only way to lock certain apps is to jailbreak and install a number of different apps. I am on iphone 4 8GB version 5.1.

Question #1 - are there any protection apps available without jailbreaking? I searched and searched and can't really find anything out there.

Question #2 - looks like at this time the only way to jailbreak this version is tethering which means I must have a computer handy whenever I reboot the phone, right?

Sorry for the newbie questions here. I really need to have certain apps locked because I have a 4 year old and I can't be giving her the phone to play games on it without locking some stuff down first.

Thanks

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Answer #1: Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. From there you'll get all restriction options except adding specific apps to restricted lists. You won't find "restriction" apps on the App Store.
Answer #2: Yes. You can also do a semi-tethered jailbreak (by installing the semi-tether tweak) which will allow you to restart the phone, however upon reboot you won't have access to anything provided by the jailbreak apps/tweaks - you'll have to do a full tethered reboot to get that functionality back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner