Pandora Downloader

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What programs will I need to make the downloaded songs playable through the native iPhone player?

I probably am doing it the hard way, but this is what I did:

1. 'Recorded' the song with pandora downloader.
2. Went to iFile and uploaded the mp3 I downloaded directly to Dropbox. In iFile, the recordings go to var/mobile/Media/Pandora.
3. Opened Dropbox on my computer and dragged the mp3 over to iTunes.
4. Sync with iTunes

I did it just to test the functionality. For me, playing through Dropbox or Pdownloader is okay. I could ser doing iTunes though to retain the folders, make playlists and whatnot.

I don't think there is a way to just 'copy' the mp3 over to the iTunes control folder. It operates off of a database reference so mp3's aren't really there. (that sounded really fluffy but I think you know what I mean?).

Good Luck!
Pretty painless and so worth it :).

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
so very jealous! :(

Awww man :(. Don't be jealous. You're the one that got me into Pandora :). I'm jealous because you have a new MBP and my Mac Mini hard drive took a dump today :(.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Awww man :(. Don't be jealous. You're the one that got me into Pandora :). I'm jealous because you have a new MBP and my Mac Mini hard drive took a dump today :(.

oh man, that sucks! hope you get it fixed for cheaper than anticipated :)

are you guys getting Album Art when you download these songs too??

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
What the hell, a mywi update forced the deletion of the pandora downloader. When I try to download it again, it says it will uninstall mywi. Whats the beef? Each app wants to delete the other.

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Found an easier way ...

I probably am doing it the hard way, but this is what I did:

1. 'Recorded' the song with pandora downloader.
2. Went to iFile and uploaded the mp3 I downloaded directly to Dropbox. In iFile, the recordings go to var/mobile/Media/Pandora.
3. Opened Dropbox on my computer and dragged the mp3 over to iTunes.
4. Sync with iTunes

I did it just to test the functionality. For me, playing through Dropbox or Pdownloader is okay. I could ser doing iTunes though to retain the folders, make playlists and whatnot.

I don't think there is a way to just 'copy' the mp3 over to the iTunes control folder. It operates off of a database reference so mp3's aren't really there. (that sounded really fluffy but I think you know what I mean?).

Good Luck!
Pretty painless and so worth it :).

Scarlet

Okay, so scratch all of the above. It actually doesn't work to get the file to play on the native Music App AND it's too involved AND involves using the computer.

Here is an easier way that I have totally checked that it works and you can do it all from your phone. You must be comfortable with iFile ...

Programs needed:
Pandora Downloader Tweak
Pandora
iFile
PwnTunes (free trial offer)

1. Record the song you want with pDownloader. Download goes to var/mobile/Media/Pandora
2. In iFile, navigate to var/mobile/Media/Pandora and cut the song that you want to play in Music App
3. While still in iFile, paste the song into var/mobile/Media/My Music (which is the directory created by PwnTunes)
4. From Settings, open PwnTunes and turn Needs Sync 'On'
5. Open the native Music App and it will automatically import the song(s) you just moved over.
6. Look for your song in songs because there will be no album, artist, etc. There will also be no cover art, but the song is there!
7. Golden!

Good Luck and this does work. Seems involved but once you get into it, it goes really fast especially if you set a bookmark in iFile!

Scarlet :D:D

Reactions: johnmarki and 3cit

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This would work for what I'm interested in but it's from a repo other than what is in Cydia, as is the also true for the "insane" one. Are they legit repos or no?

You can add repos to cydia quite easily: xSellize - How to add the xRepo - YouTube

Xsellize, sinful iphone, and other repos offer hacked tweaks. A "hacked tweak" refers to a tweak that is for sale in one repo, but has been hacked such that it is available for free in a different repo. This is piracy, and is frowned upon in this forum. While using hacked tweaks can sometimes slow down iOS, just having these repos in cydia will not slow down your phone.

Although the pandora skip hack happens to be distributed through the Xsellize repo, it is not a hacked tweak, as it his not been pirated from another repo. Thus it will not damage or slow your iDevice.

Last edited:

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so scratch all of the above. It actually doesn't work to get the file to play on the native Music App AND it's too involved AND involves using the computer.

Here is an easier way that I have totally checked that it works and you can do it all from your phone. You must be comfortable with iFile ...

Programs needed:
Pandora Downloader Tweak
Pandora
iFile
PwnTunes (free trial offer)

1. Record the song you want with pDownloader. Download goes to var/mobile/Media/Pandora
2. In iFile, navigate to var/mobile/Media/Pandora and cut the song that you want to play in Music App
3. While still in iFile, paste the song into var/mobile/Media/My Music (which is the directory created by PwnTunes)
4. From Settings, open PwnTunes and turn Needs Sync 'On'
5. Open the native Music App and it will automatically import the song(s) you just moved over.
6. Look for your song in songs because there will be no album, artist, etc. There will also be no cover art, but the song is there!
7. Golden!

Good Luck and this does work. Seems involved but once you get into it, it goes really fast especially if you set a bookmark in iFile!

Scarlet :D:D

Awesome! Thank You!!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So, when pandora downloader is enabled, if you hit the tab for "create new station from artist/song" the popup appears normally, but if you hit cancel from here, it still creates a new station from song!!!
Just me, or a bug?

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So, when pandora downloader is enabled, if you hit the tab for "create new station from artist/song" the popup appears normally, but if you hit cancel from here, it still creates a new station from song!!!
Just me, or a bug?

I don't think I know what you mean? Are you on iPad or iPhone because i'm on phone and when I add a channel I don't get a popup??

Scarlet

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I know what you mean? Are you on iPad or iPhone because i'm on phone and when I add a channel I don't get a popup??

Scarlet

Okay, scratch that. I figured it out and yes, it is a bug. I cancelled it out like you said and the channel was created anyway :(.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, scratch that. I figured it out and yes, it is a bug. I cancelled it out like you said and the channel was created anyway :(.

I think it's great that our resident pandora expert here at iMore Technically shouldn't even be able to listen to pandora :)

Reactions: 3under2

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's great that our resident pandora expert here at iMore Technically shouldn't even be able to listen to pandora :)

Lol! It's all Blinky's fault. He told me about Pandora .

ETA: by the way, I <3 Cheezits, but none here in Sweden :(.

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).