trouble jailbreaking iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1: Stuck in DFU

reahn

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
in order to get out of DFU, hold home and power for 10-15 seconds. and make sure you have a 4. because if that A5 thing popped up, you might have a 4S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapoop

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I already uninstalled iTunes and installed. It still gives me that error. And I promise you, I have a 4 and not a 4s. I don't know what else to try. I'll download redsn0w somewhere else.

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried with snowbreeze and my phone would not turn back on and ended up having to go to apple. I don't even want to jailbreak anymore just the issue is bothering me lol I want to know why it won't work.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 15015
bcdf84fc-dc40-cfab.jpg
and you know that you are supposed to plug your device in first then turn off etc..?

also, the fact that the Mobiledevice.dll could not be loaded could be the issue. i would google about this and see if there is a fix out there

I've just read this thread and I noticed that I started getting that error to do with Mobiledevice.dll with the latest version of redsn0w (b6) when trying to do my friends 3GS, but I'm sure I could still get it into dfu mode and run the jailbreak. But I ended up doing on my pc at work and I wasn't getting that error. So I just read this thread and I thought I would try and get my iPhone 4 detected by redsn0w b6 on my pc at home and it wouldn't work. But does on the pc at work. So the problem must be to do with that error message. So if anyone does now how to get rid off that error message it would very helpful. I also get this error message when I log on, picture attached with error. Do you think that has something to do with it as well.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Right, I just tried going into DFU mode with redsn0w b6 and it wouldn't go into DFU mode, then I tried with redsn0w b5 and it did go into DFU, both times I was trying to the just boot tethered button.

So does anyone now anything more about the mobiledevice.dll error when we are opening redsn0w?

Just to clarify, I have a 4 with 5.0.1.

Last edited:

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried jailbreaking from my sisters computer with the updated redsn0w and it worked. Still won't on my computer though.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried jailbreaking from my sisters computer with the updated redsn0w and it worked. Still won't on my computer though.

Yeah same with me and another computer. I've heard rumours that it is something to do with the iTunes library file. Anyway you got it sorted!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro