Camera Grabber: iOS 5.1 style Lockscreen Camera Icon

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Released today, this tweak (from @cjori, the developer of other great tweaks like Flowtation, Custom NC Background, and Aloud) give pre-iOS 5.1 devices the same lockscreen camera access that updated devices enjoy. It's free and it works well, placing an always available camera icon on the lockscreen that allows you to slide up to reveal the camera interface--check it out!

One note: if you keep your Slide to Unlock text hidden, this tweak will reintroduce it (see below). I believe the dev is working on an update for that, but that could be a deal breaker for themers.

iJTEs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3under2

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried it but I would love for it to be compatible with anylockapp tweak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
kind of sucks that you cannot slide the LS back down (like 5.1) but other than that it is working great

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by slide it back down? (I haven't used the 5.1 version yet so I'm not that familiar with it.) Can you use the camera and then slide the LS back without ever unlocking it?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
kind of sucks that you cannot slide the LS back down (like 5.1) but other than that it is working great

Apparently the dev has that working but doesn't feel like it's ready for release yet: https://twitter.com/#!/cjori/status/184824565854248961

(...and since then he mentioned having some sort of a tech crash that will put all his tweak updates on hold for a few days...but it could be coming!)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
as silly as it sounds, this is a feature i do miss from 5.1 so i'm glad @cjori has created this and will be looking forward to the update as well

thanks, Massie!

Apparently the dev has that working but doesn't feel like it's ready for release yet: https://twitter.com/#!/cjori/status/184824565854248961

(...and since then he mentioned having some sort of a tech crash that will put all his tweak updates on hold for a few days...but it could be coming!)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Beta update is available (w/that lock screen pull down capability and more) for those willing to install it manually; see cjori's post here (with beta warnings and a link to the deb): #3701723 - Pastie

Too busy to try it myself at the moment but if anyone tries it, let us know how it goes!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Beta update is available (w/that lock screen pull down capability and more) for those willing to install it manually; see cjori's post here (with beta warnings and a link to the deb): #3701723 - Pastie

Too busy to try it myself at the moment but if anyone tries it, let us know how it goes!

dang, i'd give it a whirl but since i am now on a 4S i need to be a little careful. thanks for posting the info which did confirm what i was wondering; a little size difference in font and the slider. any ETA on a public release?

also, are your DM's turned off on Twitter?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No ETA that I saw, but I'd guess soon.

My DMs should be on but I have noticed some weirdness lately on my laptop--my phone shows a ton of back and forth, but the website only has a single message from all that history...(just sent you one btw)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The update for this tweak came out today---works great! Adds the ability to pull down the lockscreen again when you're done with the camera, and no longer adds the Slide to Unlock text back if you have it hidden. Working perfectly for me!

As an aside: if you haven't checked out @cjori's other tweaks, do yourself a favor and take a look. He's really one of the more talented devs out there. I'm especially digging the map integration he built into Aloud (a tweak that announces your notifications, incoming calls, etc). With the map feature turned on, you can get your directions read aloud to you in the native maps app. Such a life saver while driving.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
... I'm especially digging the map integration he built into Aloud (a tweak that announces your notifications, incoming calls, etc). With the map feature turned on, you can get your directions read aloud to you in the native maps app. Such a life saver while driving.

Wait, so it makes the stock maps app give turn-by-turn directions? :confused:

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted video

Released today, this tweak (from @cjori, the developer of other great tweaks like Flowtation, Custom NC Background, and Aloud) give pre-iOS 5.1 devices the same lockscreen camera access that updated devices enjoy. It's free and it works well, placing an always available camera icon on the lockscreen that allows you to slide up to reveal the camera interface--check it out!

One note: if you keep your Slide to Unlock text hidden, this tweak will reintroduce it (see below). I believe the dev is working on an update for that, but that could be a deal breaker for themers.

Click to view quoted image

Thanks Massie! I tried this on your word and I LOVE it :).

Scarlet

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait, so it makes the stock maps app give turn-by-turn directions? :confused:

Not quite...it doesn't do them turn by turn as you're driving, but does have a setting that will read through each step so you don't have to keep hitting the Next button. (I did ask about hooking it into the GPS but haven't heard back from the dev.) See here:

3under2 said:
Thanks Massie! I tried this on your word and I LOVE it .

Scarlet

Glad you're liking Camera Grabber!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The update for this tweak came out today---works great! Adds the ability to pull down the lockscreen again when you're done with the camera, and no longer adds the Slide to Unlock text back if you have it hidden. Working perfectly for me!

yes! works just like iOS 5.1. i love this guy! no homo

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone using this with ISX? after using the camera from the lockscreen i will swipe down but ISX will temporarily come down with it then pop up and away. so you have to swipe down again for ISX to be visible otherwise the stock LS will only be showing

just making sure i'm not missing something here..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When I use it, it just pulls the LS down again, not ISX. But as you know I only use ISX as a pull down shade; not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner