Does anybody know of a tweak that will allow contact sync on a device using exchange for contacts? Would like to backup contacts to iCloud, but exchange restrictions prevent using exchange for contacts and doing iCloud sync.
    03-26-2012 09:33 PM
    The default exchange from the mail app?? Could you get a 3rd party app like owa from the app store??
    03-27-2012 12:33 AM
    1. Try exporting your Exchange iPhone contacts to your computer via a third-party program such as copytrans contacts. When prompted by the program in what format to export select iCloud/iPhone:

2. Log in to your iCloud account via your computer. In the Contacts section, click on the Gear button, select Import vCard and import all of the Excahnge iPhone contacts that you just backed up on your computer:

Last edited by Kaitokomauri; 03-29-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    Matlock likes this.
    03-27-2012 08:19 AM
    Really looking for a permanent ongoing solution that will keep contacts synched between phone, work exchange client, and iCloud rather than a one time thing.
    03-27-2012 09:45 PM
    Really looking for a permanent ongoing solution that will keep contacts synched between phone, work exchange client, and iCloud rather than a one time thing.
    Can you sync work stuff with google, sync that to your phone, which also syncs with the iphone?
    03-28-2012 03:58 PM
    keep contacts synched between phone, work exchange client, and iCloud
    I don't know of another way to go around iCloud <=> Exchange "interference". I have personally tried setting up both on a single iPhone for contacts once the iCloud was out; only to be unpleasantly surprised by duplicate contact entries.
    06-27-2012 08:25 AM
    I don't know of another way to go around iCloud <=> Exchange "interference". I have personally tried setting up both on a single iPhone for contacts once the iCloud was out; only to be unpleasantly surprised by duplicate contact entries.
    Yup.

I've been attempting the same with my Jobs email system and my own for an Automated solution. No luck thus far.
    06-28-2012 12:47 AM
    Yup. I've been attempting the same with my Jobs email system and my own for an Automated solution. No luck thus far.
    This is why I have resorted to 3rd party solutions such as copytrans contacts. Used it to place my contacts from my two email accounts and combine them with the ones on my iPhone - this essentially avoided the need for using Exchange sync.

Once you have all your contacts on your iPhone, you can then turn on iCloud which will bring all the contacts into your Apple account from where you can achieve ongoing sync.

I am referring to copytrans contacts because in addition to bringing all my contacts to my iPhone, it has also allowed me to place my contacts into groups (i.e. Work, Family, etc) on the iPhone itself and to keep a safe offline backup of my iPhone contact list on my PC (in case something happens to the iCloud).
    07-02-2012 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD