Use PC Internet over IPhone via USB Cable

swguruht

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have executed the procedure to the letter using iPhone 4 (unlocked version - no carrier service). I need this since I can only have wired internet in my environment. When I use safari, it cannot connect to internet. There are 2 things that sound odd/incomplete:
1. The iFunBox tool gave USBTunnel IP as 127.0.0.1, which doesn't seem right. Should this be changed?
2. Even if there is a tunnel to the laptop, should there not be a bridge on the laptop between the tunnel and another ethernet connection? To do that, I went looking for an adapter for USB tunnel. This did not show up. So there is no way to create a bridge. Please advice. Something seems incomplete here. Laptop should know to route the internet, and the procedure does not call out any steps for the laptop.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew Robertson

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the same localhost 127.0.0.1 tunnel issue with iFunBox.
any help would be appreciated

And for all you critics, of why is this useful. Here is an example.
I am going to a huge tradeshow with thousands of vendors where everyone puts up an 802.11 access point.
so much so that they are all useless. as more vendors need wireless access this has been getting worse and worse for the past few years
and yes, the solution shouldn't be this procedure but rather the vegas or orlando convention centers should ban all rogue APs and put down reliable, useable wifi but since they aren't, i'm here.

A good portion of our app needs wireless access and both wifi and 3G are a mess at these shows, so i'm trying to use this.

I have went thru all the steps carefully on a jailbroken ipad1 and an ipad2 and both fail. i'm getting the usb tunnel looping back to localhost which seems wrong.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

comments simply asking why i don't use an ad hoc network from my laptop or splurge on a $150 AP are not needed and have been covered in mass previously. those are not solutions.

thanks.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
no, he's talking about sharing the computers IP with the phone.

so you need to be able to use your iphone wirelessly while at this convention? and you cant use your data plan, so you are going to use a computer, that has wifi access? or is wired to a lan cable, and then you will have your iphone tethered to this computer to use said internet connnection...

so you need a wireless data connection for your iphone and your solution is to tether it to a computer...

Andrew Robertson

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say i need a wireless data connection but rather i need a network connection generally.
and wireless (both wifi and 3G) don't work
so my solution is to tether the ipad/iphone to a laptop that is physically wired to a network connection.

Andrew Robertson

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Clemons2ea,
i'm sorry, i'm not sure i understand your post. I have went thru all the instructions step by step but in the end, don't get the proxied IP to work.
the one thing i do see different is the proxied IP in iFunBox is 127.0.0.1 vs. the IP of the desktop as indicated in the instructions.
this makes me think the proxy isn't redirecting correctly.
thoughts?
thx

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The loop back ip address is certainly issue.
Is there any part of the process in which you can direct that particular ip to that of your pc or iPhone? Or is it automatic?

James Saliba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
u r being bit***s if u google for one second you will see that over 4000 people on the apple forums r complaining of wifi beying greyed out after upgrade to ios 6 and apple gave no solution, replaced the iphones who had warranty and left the others to hell so yes this post is awesome and i've been searching for hours to get to a post like this

James Saliba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
u r being bit***s if u google for one second you will see that over 4000 people on the apple forums r complaining of wifi beying greyed out after upgrade to ios 6 and apple gave no solution, replaced the iphones who had warranty and left the others to hell so yes this post is awesome and i've been searching for hours to get to a post like this

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Listen my friend. just listen.
To the waves crashing, and the birds flying and little ones giggling on the playground.

Keep listening.
Forever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro