Jealous persons get away please!!!
    Ronald Laya likes this.
    03-31-2015 04:43 PM
    And what if your iPad1 doesn't have gprs/edge interface?
    Is there any workaround like this one to use WiFi interface instead? Without it actually connecting to WiFi?
    04-04-2015 04:02 AM
    Oldie but goodie pretty useful!!, some of these nay say users(r they techie guys???) don't realize that there are quite a few cases when needed e.g. when wifi is wacked on the iDevice and need net access to fix it(as I'm gong thru now) this is just what the Dr. ordered.
    07-11-2015 10:40 AM
    Oldie but goodie pretty useful!!, some of these nay say users(r they techie guys???) don't realize that there are quite a few cases when needed e.g. when wifi is wacked on the iDevice and need net access to fix it(as I'm gong thru now) this is just what the Dr. ordered.
    You're sharing an Internet connection from your computer to give your mobile device an Internet connection so that you can fix the lack of wifi on your device?????????!!!!!?????!?!?!?!
    Please tell me what kind of online tools you have found to fix the wifi on your device! I must know
    07-12-2015 03:44 AM
    Holy **** I've been looking for this for five years.

Please make a video!

Will this work on jailbroken 8.4 iPad air2?
    07-13-2015 10:54 PM
    Could you make another tutorial to say how to connect iDevice (with ios 8) to web without wifi or adhock ?
    Thanks, I really need that
    07-14-2015 12:25 PM
    yeah, wireless router is that cheap and we don't lack so little money these days.
    However, there is always a situation where you want to connect to WiFi but no wireless is available.
    For example, in our office, there is no wireless connection or if there is, it is password encrypted and not all can connect to it.
    So I think handy wifi hotspot creator is quite necessary.
    And technology never let you down. Where there is needs, there is goods.
    So there comes so many wifi hotsspot creator tools like Connectify (paid), 160WiFi (free) and more.
    Try one of them out if needed.
    07-15-2015 06:21 AM
    Unfortunately for me, WiFi isn't an option. I get a line drop off satellite internet, but if I make a wifi hotspot or anything my internet access will get shut off. (No, I can't just hide the SSID lol, that doesn't fool sniffers, or DF. Plus if I hide it and they catch me, I'll never get internet access back)

So this will be the only way I can use internet on my iPad.. for facetime/imessage/games or updating anything on it etc.

Hope it still works when I get around to trying it!
    Last edited by xhungry; 07-15-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    07-15-2015 01:24 PM
    Unfortunately for me, WiFi isn't an option. I get a line drop off satellite internet, but if I make a wifi hotspot or anything my internet access will get shut off. (No, I can't just hide the SSID lol, that doesn't fool sniffers, or DF. Plus if I hide it and they catch me, I'll never get internet access back)

So this will be the only way I can use internet on my iPad.. for facetime/imessage/games or updating anything on it etc.

Hope it still works when I get around to trying it!
    You have satellite for your isp, but you are only allowed to connect it to a single device?
    07-15-2015 11:21 PM
    I only get to use one drop off it, so in effect, yes.

The internet goes through a router and is shared with a bunch of people, but one cable comes into my room. I could share that internet with more devices but it has to be wired, no way of doing that for iphone/ipad that I know of (besides this guide) Unless you know of another way, I'd love to hear about it.

My old tablet was an android with a usb slot, I could just hook up a usb-ethernet dongle to it and plug it into the cord for internet. I specifically got an iPad so I could use it flying (foreflight) but to update anything on it I'll need internet, and that is my dilemma.
    07-16-2015 06:50 PM
    on JB iDevice you get the lovely wifi grayed and you need to stick the scalpel to fix by installing modules to the packages or add a new source. Was installing DEB's by hand but still an inet connection makes it less painful
    07-18-2015 09:15 AM
    First off I just want to thank you so much for posting this because I've been searching the internet for a solution like this. I'm currently attending a university and we have wired access points in our dorms rooms as well as wifi, but the wireless sucks because of all the clients connected to it. I'll be lucky to get half a Mb/s while on wireless, yet the wired connection is gigabit ethernet and I'll get speeds anywhere from 700-900 Mb/s on my desktop.

Yes, I'm well aware that I can create a wireless access point from my PC or buy a router or access point, but the university doesn't allow any devices as such because it interferes with their wireless network. Hence my need from a wired solution where I tether my phone to my computer for internet.

I have a 25 foot usb extension cable that I use to charge my phone from my computer and use tethered internet. I believe that the speed cap tethered with the lightning connection is only 30 MB/s thou, but it's better than the wireless. There are rare cases where an application like this is usful an I'm thankful for people that take the time to post and share things like this.
    08-23-2015 02:39 PM
    Tell me more about your magical 25 foot USB cable

This thread, THAT WILL NOT DIE, has more trolls than ACE

(Here's a link since that reference probably went over everyone's head, as it was a bit of a stretch)

08-23-2015 08:08 PM
    HI thanks for ur post. It is useful since my phone wifi receiver is broken and apple company is a b**** and doesnt fix it. they only provide paying money to switch for another iphone.
    Last edited by Patty60205; 09-02-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    09-02-2015 03:41 PM
    Bro, this is so freaking great. Don't hear these people. I do appreciate it (like 4 years later). Idk if this still works but i'll give it a try. I've received an old iPhone 4 ios 7.1.2 as gift from a friend just for fun. I'm not fan at all of apple products but I had to give it a try at least. Ofc first thing i did was jailbreak it. I'm now just trying to get the internet working on it from my pc since (now I know) I'm the only person in this world that works on a place with a secured wifi with password, and traditional (RJ45) LAN network.

If you have any updates or method that you think could work for my iOS/iPhone version just let me know!

Thanks & Bless!
    02-24-2016 08:40 PM
165 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD